The Account Coordinator (AC) assists with coordinating and managing all day-to-day agency efforts on behalf of the client. He/she supports the account team and has dual reporting into the Project Management function. The AC works closely with other agency departments to execute individual projects, ensuring that agency output adheres to client objectives, meets client deadlines, and achieves agency quality standards. In this junior-level position, the AC learns the basics of both the account management function and the project management function with an eventual opportunity to grow into either area.
Full-cycle Meeting Management:
Schedules meetings; coordinates travel as needed; assists with preparation and distribution of meeting materials; assists with ordering and set-up of catering; assists with room set-up; takes notes in meetings; prepares meeting summary reports, etc.
Full cycle Project Management:
Opens new jobs; creates work orders and job numbers; requests quotes/estimates; assists with creating production schedules; traffics open jobs (i.e. routing files, proofs, approvals, insertion orders, etc.); maintains client/team status reports; proactively communicates job status to the account team, other agency departments, and client as appropriate. Partners with Business Analysts on digital assignments, Project Management on print/collateral and Broadcast/Video Production as needed.
Assists with preparation and delivery of final production estimates/budgets; tracks status of open jobs against estimates/budgets; reviews all job invoices and back-up for accuracy; works with production, media, and accounting to close jobs; compiles invoices and back-up into weekly or monthly client billing book; assists with tracking and reporting of billable time against project staffing plans.
Competitive / Category Research:
Gathers data and reports on client’s competitors’ use of creative, media, PR, interactive, and other relevant marketing mediums and strategies; gathers data and reports general industry research including trends and consumer information; assists with preparation of weekly, monthly, and/or annual competitive audits (depending on client).
Some of the Core Skills, Behaviors, and Values we need:
- Attention to detail, organization, and time management
- Problem solving, logic, initiative, and intellectual curiosity
- Strong work ethic, humility, reliability, and trustworthiness
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Hospitality and customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Active listening
- Ability to build and maintain positive, productive working relationships
- Capacity and desire to lead and manage
Learning and Development Expectations
- Learns the client's product/service, market, and competition
- Learns and understands agency departments/capabilities and applicable agency processes/systems
- Learns and understand the overall communications process
- Begins to learn and understand individual project budgets and financials
- Seeking recent college graduate with 1 year previous work and/or internship experience in an agency or communications setting, or in a project management function
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or advertising preferred
- Any experience in the packaging industry is a plus