Account Coordinator/Promotion Review Associate
Assistant Account Executive
At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
The Assistant Account Executive supports the account team and works closely with other agency departments to execute individual projects, ensuring that agency output adheres to client objectives, meets client deadlines, and achieves agency quality standards. He/she will also be responsible for preparing and submitting content to the Medical-Legal-Regulatory (MLR) review board (a board of experts typically consisting of medical doctors, lawyers and experts in FDA regulations). In this junior-level position, the Assistant Account Executive continues to learn the account management function, the business of advertising, and agency operations overall.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Follow all client-mandated procedures to prepare, submit and track MLR submissions, ensuring all submissions meet standards; maintain brand core claims and reference document; take notes in meetings; prepare meeting summary reports, etc.; open new job numbers; assist with creating production schedules; traffic open jobs (i.e. routing files, proofs, approvals, insertion orders, etc.); maintain client/team status reports; proactively communicate job status to the account team, other agency departments, and client as appropriate; monitor competitive activity and collect competitive samples.
Performance Expectations (Core Skills, Behaviors, and Values)
- Attention to detail, organization, and time management
- Problem solving, logic, initiative, and intellectual curiosity
- Strong work ethic, humility, reliability, and trustworthiness
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Active listening
- Ability to build and maintain positive, productive working relationships
- Capacity and desire to lead and manage
Learning and Development Expectations
- Learns the client's product/service, market, and competition
- Learns and understands agency departments/capabilities and applicable agency processes/systems
- Learns and understand the overall communications process (i.e. strategy development, media planning/buying, creative process, production, etc.)
- Begins to learn and understand individual project budgets and financials
- 1+ years previous work and/or internship experience in an agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Industry or Healthcare is preferred but not required