At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
The Account Executive – Billing partners with account service, accounting, business affairs, project management, broadcast, print production, and the client regarding all billing matters for the account. He/she serves as the key point of contact for the client on all billing matters such as sending invoices, managing past-due payments, budget tracking and other related requests.
For all projects, he/she ensures that job costs are within contingency of the estimate and that all jobs are in compliance with client and agency guidelines. He/she also understands and tracks the retained scope of work for the account and assists the account team with developing and tracking incremental project scopes.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Works with account team to secure client approval/signature on all production estimates, and sends signed estimates to accounting.
- Tracks the status of open jobs against estimate and budget, and works with account team and producers to keep jobs under contingency by issuing revised estimates as necessary.
- Approves studio out-of-pocket (OOP) costs prior to production/execution.
- Reviews all invoices and back-up for accuracy.
- Works with the account team and accounting department to ensure that all charges are billed to the appropriate production and out-of-pocket jobs.
- Monitors, and sends the aging report to clients.
- Facilitates and manages all cost transfers.
- Coordinates with account service and production to close and reconcile all production and out-of-pocket jobs. Compiles invoices and back-up into the client billing book, and prepares Excel summary of billed activity.
- Tracks all unbilled activity and provides clients with updates as needed.
- Manages internal account team costs for pitches, campaign concept development, presentations, etc.
Time and T&E Management
- Ensures time sheet compliance and issues appropriate time transfers for all employees working on the account; serves as the key point of contact for time reporting and adjusting for the overall account.
- Works with the travel office to ensure that all agency travel forms for the account adhere to the guidelines specified by the client.
- Pulls time reports and performs time analysis on a monthly basis
- Reviews and provides initial approval for all T&E charges, cross-referencing approved travel forms and client guidelines.
Performance Expectations (Core Skills, Behaviors, and Values):
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Excel including formulas, visual data representation, and pivot tables.
- Acute attention to detail, organization, and time management
- Problem solving, logic, initiative, and intellectual curiosity
- Strong work ethic, humility, reliability, and trustworthiness
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Active listening
- Ability to build and maintain positive, productive working relationships
- Ability to work independently and set own priorities and goals
- Understands agency departments/capabilities, applicable agency processes/systems, and basic project scopes, budgets, and financials
- Begins to learn and understand the client's product/service, market, and competition.
- Begins to learn and understand the overall communications planning process (i.e. strategy development, media planning/buying, creative process, production, etc.)
- 1-2 years previous work experience in a financial setting, working with project estimates/budgets, billing/invoicing, and basic financial metrics/reporting
- Advertising industry experience a plus, but not necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience