EP+Co is looking to bring on a Communications Manager to help build and share our agency story. You have a passion for storytelling and can execute a PR strategy, spanning external and internal communications and social media, to drive awareness for our agency's branding initiatives. You will work closely with our internal public relations team and cross-departmental with colleagues to develop marketing and communications initiatives and generate earned media on behalf of the agency.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in public relations, journalism, marketing, communications or other related discipline.
- Minimum four years’ prior experience in public relations, preferably in an agency environment.
- Advertising, trade and industry contacts essential.
- Understanding of and experience utilizing social media, blogs and other forms of digital communication and platforms.
- Proficient with standard business software (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Experience with VOCUS, CisionPoint or other PR management platforms highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Great relationship-building skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Provide public relations support for EP+Co to drive media, industry and consumer awareness of the company.
- Proactively identify opportunities and secure media coverage for the agency, including: industry features, executive interview opportunities and ongoing trend stories.
- Responsible for developing press materials including press releases, key messages and talking points and media pitches.
- Work closely with the social and account management teams to identify opportunities for earned media coverage surrounding EP+Co’s content and creative work.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with members of local, national and international media, bloggers, influencers and industry trades.
- Raise the agency’s profile by proactively placing and securing media opportunities in top-tier outlets.