The role of account management at EP+Co is to create, manage and expand the conditions for great work and ideas to flourish. We strive to create work that moves people, changes the status quo, and drives our clients’ business and our own.
Expectations and Behaviors:
Our account supervisors are dynamic marketing strategists who know their client’s business deeply and proactively bring new thinking and an invaluable outside perspective. They connect the dots and marshal resources and talent to deliver all aspects of modern marketing. They are creative believers who recognize, contribute to, protect, and most importantly bring to life great work and ideas.
Ultimately serves as primary contact between client and agency. Manages mid- and junior-level staff. Identifies client needs and opportunities, provides strategic direction and ongoing project management to creative and other agency disciplines. Ultimately responsible for client satisfaction and account profitability.
Dynamic Marketing Strategists
- Researches and develops an understanding of our client’s industry, competition, customer base, and drivers that impact their business.
- Understands client requests thoroughly before bringing to their manager or Creative.
- Can craft POVs that demonstrate understanding of client’s and HH’s priorities.
Curious and Versatile
- Shows openness to feedback, new ideas and suggestions from others. Is quick and nimble to implement.
- Demonstrates an ability to learn and a desire to handle more complex projects over time.
- Displays self-awareness and shows eagerness to learn and develop.
- Studies cutting edge marketing activities across channels and makes recommendations on which activities will provide the client and the agency with the best results.
- Identifies issues and, when possible, makes new and creative recommendations on improvements to their manager.
- Takes some calculated risks and brings forward creative suggestions.
- Understands the “why” behind Creative work and client requests and is able to communicate this clearly and efficiently to others (verbally and in writing).
- Is a true collaborator. Builds strong working relationships with internal and external partners. Receptive to new ideas, creates an environment that encourages information sharing, and actively works with the team to help bring ideas to fruition.
- Actively researches, synthetizes and communicates current trends and changes in our industry as well as their client’s business.
- Asks open-ended questions to get to the root of issue.
- Manages change and conflict by offering guidance and support.
- Demonstrates a desire and aptitude to present in small and large, internal and external groups.
- Demonstrates an aptitude to lead meetings with clear agendas, direction and next steps.
- Uses clear and concise communication; is efficient both verbally and in writing.
- Manages projects efficiently and effectively so they are completed on time, on budget and inline with client expectations.
- Encourages and supports team members.
Competencies we value:
Entrepreneurial, Innovative spirit with a willingness to take risks for our clients and ourselves by pushing forward good ideas
Collaborative and works together to support common vision
Curious to learn, seek information and an openness to new ideas and approaches
Scrappy and game for playing in the yet-to-be invented places. in gratitude and in time
Empathetic to perspective of others
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in an advertising agency or creative marketing company
- Experience with financial services client ideal but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Management experience
- Channel experience leading campaigns across a variety integrated platforms (Digital, Content + TV, Print, etc.)
- Proven success and examples of building successful client relationships