At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
Our Digital Activation Teams are small client-focused groups, dedicated to the cross-channel planning, creation, deployment, measurement and optimization of online advertising. This group has a direct line into our clients and is given a high level of autonomy to create, test and change.
As an Activation Creative Technologist, you will operate within this group; concepting, designing, developing and optimizing the digital assets that are put out into the world.
You will begin by working alongside a strategist and media platform specialist to concept the best creative approach for online advertising. You and your teammates will be accountable for final delivery and successful launch of all campaign assets across Display, Social, Search, Website and more.
Everyday, you will work side-by-side with your team, leveraging dashboards and other reporting tools to monitor how your campaigns are performing, and make real-time adjustments as needed.
We are looking for an individual that puts creativity, curiosity and testing above strict process and ego. You will join the team using experience and best practices as your launching pad, but you will explore new layouts, technologies and channels to deliver the most effective solutions and best customer experience. Your organizational skills will allow you to be the keeper of all project files, both working and final, and oversee proper access to and collaboration on those files. And finally, you’ll help others understand what you know via knowledge sharing and platform training for new team members.
The work you will create in this role is highly dynamic and ever-changing. Because of this we are looking for someone with deep skills in one or more of the following areas, but a true passion and drive to learn and grow, in the others:
Frontend Web Development (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Can write clean HTML5 semantic markup
- Understanding of mobile-first, responsive CSS
- Understanding of basic API concepts & the ability to interpret and activate various data feed formats (JSON, XML, CSV)
Layout and Web Design
- Fundamental understanding of layout, color theory & typography
- Ability to leverage creative brand and campaign guidelines to create new digital assets
- Understand the specific design requirements of various online channels and platforms
- Knowledge of animation treatment, transitions and cadence
Nice to-haves (if not, we can teach you, but you need to want to learn)
- Knowledge of digital advertising arena (agency or client side)
- Experience with creative personalization platforms (i.e. Jivox, Lift)
- Experience working with measurement and tagging libraries
- Working knowledge of Adobe CC Suite
- Understanding of asset creation for social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter)
- Google DCS/QA certification
- Understand and can build to Web Accessibility Standards
- Have worked with preprocessor libraries (we use Grunt, but open to new ideas)
- Have developed template code for use with Content Management Systems (Craft, Drupal, WordPress, etc)
Please provide a link to your online portfolio showcasing your design and development experience.