At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
Our Decision Science practice uses data and technology to help our clients make faster, better decisions that ultimately drive business results. A cross-disciplinary function, our capabilities span custom research, end-to-end marketing analytics, business analysis, and data science, often using creativity to tackle some of today’s toughest marketing problems. We help our clients make the right decision the first time, driving growth even within the most congested categories.
In this role, you will be responsible for leveraging business, consumer, and media data across several Hill Holliday’s integrated client engagements to derive greater value from our advertising programs.
The Analyst will be responsible for:
- Learning client business dynamics and strategy; insights, questions, and output reflect basic knowledge of client’s business (financials, industry economics, competitive dynamics, marketing channels, and client strategic issues).
- Clearly articulating DS role/responsibilities within larger agency and client teams.
- Understanding and communicating Analytics and Research capabilities.
- Mastery of local data; creates and QAs well-defined, cleaned, integrated client datasets; able to spot data anomalies.
- Producing error-free client reports and outputs to support insight development and real-time optimization.
- Beginning to synthesize implications ("so what?") from data using various methodologies; beginning to understand storytelling as a concept.
- Developing and maintaining repeatable processes for updating and combining campaign datasets inclusive but not limited to: media, website, and client owned or customer datasets.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with at least 2 of our visualization platforms (e.g., DOMO, PowerBI, Tableau).
- Consistently delivering error-free output using visualization platforms. Building, maintaining, and utilizing pipes for data estate and visualization tools.
- Developing proficiency in client-specific media/site analytics tools and advanced Excel.
- Completed training in technologies, including statistical analysis tools, visualization platforms, media analytics tools, etc.
- Proficiency with basic and intermediate statistical methods, e.g., financial ratios, linear regression, correlations, statistical testing.
- Demonstrated progression against advanced statistical methods, e.g., multiple linear regression, logistic regression, advanced experimental design
- Individual contributor with developed leadership skills.
- Able to comfortably shift work priorities when things change.
- Proactively seeks out answers and solutions.
- Articulate and thoughtful written and verbal communication.
- Experience collaborating positively and effectively with internal or external partners and clients.
- Enjoys working with different people who bring new ideas to the table.
- Accountability for Results
- Takes ownership of projects and deliverables
- Strong contributor to on-time, on-budget quality execution
- Openness to people from all walks of life
- Hunger to learn more about diversity and inclusion
- Inclusive mindset and willingness to grow
- 1+ years of experience in a marketing or analytics company
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing analytics or related field