At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories. We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
Hill Holliday is looking for an Art Director to join our healthcare team in our New York office. The Art Director will work across all channels, including: print, direct mail, digital, social, & film. Using proven talent and consistent conceptual thinking, the AD must communicate the client’s or product's message in a uniquely fresh, memorable, and persuasive way.
- Conceive and execute advertising consistent with the agreed-upon strategy.
- Work with copywriters, account management, and others within the agency to determine client needs, selling concepts, and strategies.
- Design in a variety of styles and maintain consistently high standards of work that will enhance the agency-client relationship.
- Understand what a big idea is and deliver them consistently.
- Help develop and guide creative ideas based on input from client, agency team, and personal research.
- Under the direction of the Creative Director, monitor all materials through all stages of pre-production and production.
- Complete all assigned work on time and regularly report the status of projects to the Creative Director.
- Participate in and contribute to the new business activities of the agency, as assigned.
- Maintain consistently high graphic standards and proactively learn new techniques
- Intelligent thinking, good organization, and accuracy.
- Conceptual thinking and ability to deliver a point-of-view about the work
- Ability to juggle a full plate of assignments across all channels (TV, print, direct, digital, etc.)
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to build and maintain positive, productive working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to effectively present work to senior creatives, members of the account team, and clients
- Ability to take feedback from senior creatives, members of the account team, and clients
- Proven creative talent and strong design sense
- 2-3+ years of relevant work experience in an agency environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience