Why join our Digital Strategy team at Hill Holliday?
This is a great place to work, but you don't have to take our word for it. We were the only ad agency in the country named to the Glassdoor's 50 Best Places to Work (Small and Medium Companies) in 2015. We've been rated a Top Workplace in Boston by the Boston Globe five times in the last six years. We're a family, and take care of our people. People tend to like it so much, they stick around — and thrive. Have you heard the story of how our CEO started as the receptionist? We're a group of fun-loving and fast-moving digital natives who work on some of the most cutting-edge projects and are obsessed with emerging platforms, apps and digital content trends that drive our clients’ business goals and enhance relationships between brands and consumers.
As a Community Manager on our team, you’ll work in a cross-functional way to develop, manage and execute direct brand communications with consumers. You’ll ensure that their experiences are meaningful and personable, and on brand. You’ll also help ideate creative solutions that work within the brand’s parameters. In a nutshell, you’ll be the voice of the brand to the community and, perhaps more importantly, the voice of the community to the brand.
Do you want to join our team, or know someone who would? Read on, or Tweet this to a friend.
A day in your life would look like this:
- Regularly monitor and assess user activity across the brand’s pages and triage, respond or escalate as needed, partnering with brand marketing and customer service teams, to foster a positive community and add value to users
- Identify opportunities for influencer outreach, UGC, and “surprise and delight” creative brand responses in social
- Work with integrated agency and client teams to create, maintain and update moderation guidelines and house rules
- Research and develop insights in online community behavior to optimize our content calendars
- Partner with brand, digital strategy and account to develop and optimize social media strategy and content for integrated marketing campaigns
- Assist in the development and implementation of crisis management plans within agency, partner agencies and client organizations
- Evaluate current and emerging efforts on social channels, including new channel and handle launches, marketing initiatives and consumer outreach efforts
- Keep up to date and inform client on the latest channel features and make recommendations on applicability to brand social media marketing and community management efforts
- Partner with analytics teams to create regular reports tracking community engagement against established goals/metrics on our channels and identify insights and popular themes that resonate with our audience
- Work closely with our media department to ensure the proper execution of all paid digital and social campaigns
- Collaborate with the creative department to concept and evaluate digital creative ideas
To make this day awesome you’ll need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Possess a strong understanding of social media communities and marketing approaches, and strong working knowledge of social media platforms
- Be able to organize, plan and prioritize daily activities while a lot of different things are trying to grab your attention
- Immerse yourself in your respective clients’ brand, consumer insights and marketing strategy
- Thrive within a more “entrepreneurial” environment by consistently delivering while helping to build best practices
- Demonstrate best-in-class visual, verbal and writing skills. (A lot of what we do is communicating, discussing and defending ideas and decisions.)
- Resourcefulness and curiosity are key. Proactively figure things out, find the right people to learn from and read/explore what’s happening in the industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years experience in community management, digital media, social media and/or interactive marketing
- Demonstrable passion for active learning and development
- Experience working at a digital agency is a plus