The role of the Assistant Media Buyer is to support the buying group in day-to-day work, and serves as an opportunity to learn how to buy Media. The Assistant Buyer should have a strong desire to learn.
- Update and maintain computer files for buyers
- Assist with billing discrepancies, checking contracts, doing makegoods, checking overnights, calling for avails, inputting goals
- Update and create media records and reports on major accounts
- Develop basic understanding of agency business and procedures
- Begin to foster relationships with vendors and media staff
- Gain familiarity with industry research and awareness of agency resourcesRequirements
- Accuracy and follow up on projects are a must for this position
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize the workload
- Understand basic business skills and etiquette in interacting with vendors, peers, and management
- Learn basic buying concepts through training and shadowing buyers during negotiations
- Experience with MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required.
- College degree or 1 year work experience