At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
The role of account management at Hill Holliday is to create, manage and expand the conditions for great work and ideas to flourish. We strive to create work that moves people, changes the status quo, and drives our clients’ business and our own.
Our account managers are dynamic marketing strategists who know their client’s business deeply and proactively bring new thinking and an invaluable outside perspective. They connect the dots and marshal resources and talent to deliver all aspects of modern marketing. They are creative “true believers” who recognize, contribute to, protect, and most importantly bring to life great work and ideas. They drive teams that make things happen so we win for our clients and Hill Holliday.
The Associate Account Direct will be responsible for:
- Consistent leadership on business activities, managing internal teams and bringing ideas and strategic thinking to the business.
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships and working with all internal team members to facilitate the process of developing effective strategies that lead to great work, acting as the trusted partner and point of contact with mid-level clients, creative teams, internal teams and other agency partners.
- Deeply engaging in our client’s business and striving to solve their larger business problems, not just the immediate request at hand.
- Exhibiting category and client business expertise and serving as an expert on the competitive set; constantly thinking of ways our clients' business can stand out in the market.
- Managing client objectives, expectations and timelines and communicating changes/directions to internal team members.
- Ensuring operations are in place to report on channel KPIs and optimization opportunities.
- Supporting on financials; understand staffing and scoping requirements, manage the client budget to track costs and deliverables as well as monitor staffing utilization, SOW deliverable tracking, etc.
- Serving as a direct manager to more junior team members and supporting the development of these team members.
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse team members and support them in their development of goals. Encourages and facilitates learning and growth of others.
- Takes accountability and drives the team to do their best work.
- Ability to own a room during a presentation.
- Ability to manage up, down and across.
- Can lead on-boarding, training and development for junior team members and other teams.
- Can lead meetings with confidence.
- Key driver in ensuring cross department and team collaboration.
- Can flex between managing the team and being a collaborative member of the team.
- Strive to positively influence peer group and cross functional team members
- Creates opportunities for junior team members to get involved in projects, events and offerings that will help them stretch and grow
Accountability for Results
- Understands complete scope and team responsibilities and manages hours and resources to get work done.
- Experience developing and communicating ingenious strategies in how the team meets goals and delivers work.
- Ensures team members take accountability for on-time and on budget quality execution.
- Ability to provide leadership to the team and is a responsible steward of deliverables.
- 8+ years of experience in an advertising agency
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field