Hill Holliday Overview:
At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
The role of account management at Hill Holliday is to create, manage and expand the conditions for great work and ideas to flourish. We strive to create work that moves people, changes the status quo, and drives our clients’ business and our own.
Our account managers are dynamic marketing strategists who know their client’s business deeply and proactively bring new thinking and an invaluable outside perspective. They connect the dots and marshal resources and talent to deliver all aspects of modern marketing. They are creative “true believers” who recognize, contribute to, protect, and most importantly bring to life great work and ideas. They drive teams that make things happen so we win for our clients and Hill Holliday.
The Associate Account Executive will be responsible for:
- Consistent support of day-to-day business activities to ensure efficient communication, operational discipline, delivery excellence and speed to market for the client.
- Developing and exhibiting category and client business expertise and supporting the evaluation of the competitive sets, consumer and cultural trends, sharing reports, new work, and updates.
- Contributing to the development, packaging of presentation of new ideas or opportunities for client review.
- Building and understanding the importance of internal and client relationships. Supporting the day-to-day project contact with lower level clients, creative teams, internal teams and other agency partners.
- Partnering with internal teams to manage “the making” and delivery of great work.
- Managing expectations through proactive, thoughtful communication that keeps projects moving and on time, setting up meetings, monitoring timelines, etc.
- Beginning to add strategic insight to the work by ensuring product or service depiction accuracy, knowing mandates and considerations and developing trafficking documents.
- Learning the foundation of client financials.
- Individual contributor, motivated and self driven.
- Curious and open minded.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An actively positive and collaborative team player.
- Asks questions and seeks out people to learn from.
- Enjoys working with different people who bring new ideas to the table.
Accountability for Results
- Takes ownership of deliverables and understands the importance of meeting deadlines.
- Resourceful in figuring out how to get projects and tasks done.
- Customer service oriented.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Openness to people from all walks of life
- Hunger to learn more about diversity and inclusion
- Inclusive mindset and willingness to grow
- 0-1+ years of experience in an advertising agency
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field