About Hill Holliday Health:
We’re 125 hungry, humble, healthcare-obsessed humans in both Boston or New York, focused on helping people fight their daily battle for better health. Whether it’s highly targeted digital work for rare diseases or big multi-channel DTC campaigns, no challenge is ever too big, or too small. Our clients include Novartis, Regeneron, Bayer, Intra-cellular, Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen division, Allergan, Ironwood and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care. To learn about Hill Holliday Health, please visit https://www.hhcc.com/health.
Hill Holliday Health is looking for a smart and passionate experienced Associate Creative Director. Using proven talent and consistent conceptual thinking, the ACD must communicate the client’s or product's message in a uniquely fresh, memorable, and persuasive way. They will work across consumer pharma and other assignments in mix of media including print, patient services, CRM, websites, social, and film.
Associate Creative Director - Art Responsibilities:
- Has overall responsibility for developing and producing exceptional creative strategies and concepts that solve the identified problem and are appropriate for the brand’s personality.
- Articulate and advocate a vision and voice for the brand with an understanding and respect for the brand personality.
- Work with copywriters, account management, and others within the agency to determine client needs, selling concepts, and strategies.
- Develop and guide break-through creative ideas that incorporate input from client, agency team, and personal research
- Design in a variety of styles and maintain consistently high standards of work that will enhance the agency-client relationship.
- Awareness of external creative and production partners and industry trends.
- Monitor all materials through all stages of pre-production and production.
- Participate in and contribute to the new business activities of the agency.
- Lead teams of junior and mid-level creatives, guiding them in developing campaign work and executional strategies for delivering work.
Associate Creative Director - Art Skills:
- Demonstrated conceptual ability to deliver ideas for integrated programs: broadcast/video; full range of digital channels, experiential/activations
- Strong understanding of all brand platforms and demonstrated ability to produce engaging content on a variety of mediums
- Demonstrated abilities in maintaining high graphic standards and proactively learn new techniques and trends in graphic arts (and disseminate such information to others on the Creative team).
- Demonstrated competence across software tools, awareness of new technologies or partners that can amplify creative concepts.
- Ability to execute work through all aspects of production process with limited GCD support.
- Persuasively present and defend creative work to internal teams and clients.
- Ability to provide productive feedback and mentorships to junior creatives and teams.
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse team members and support them in their development of goals. Encourages and
- Facilitates learning and growth of others.
- Takes accountability and drives the team to do their best work.
- Ability to own a room during a presentation.
- Ability to manage up, down and across.
- Can lead on-boarding, training and development for junior team members and other teams.
- Can lead meetings with confidence.
- Key driver in ensuring cross department and team collaboration.
- Can flex between managing the team, and being a collaborative member of the team.
- Strive to positively influence peer group and cross functional team members
- Creates opportunities for junior team members to get involved in projects, events and offerings that will help them stretch and grow
Accountability for Results
- Understands complete scope and team responsibilities and manages hours and resources to get work done.
- Experience developing and communicating ingenious strategies in how the team meets goals and delivers work.
- Ensures team members take accountability for on-time and on budget quality execution.
- Ability to provide leadership to the team and is a responsible steward of deliverables.
- Consistent, proven writing talent (multiple well produced, big idea campaigns)
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in an agency environment