Creatives aren't just creative when it comes to advertising. They're habitually creative. They live and breathe it. They see things differently. They do things abnormally. They are wacky. They are simultaneously brilliant and idiotic. They "get it." They also can't stop writing sentences that begin with "they." Are you one of they?
At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories. We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
We are looking for an ACD copywriter to join our Bank of America account. The Associate Creative Director copywriter plays a key role in setting the strategic creative direction for integrated campaigns and/or single executions on one or more client accounts. Using proven talent, versatility, and consistent conceptual thinking, the ACD copywriter leads the development of creative work that communicates the client’s or product's message in a uniquely fresh, memorable, and persuasive way.
The ACD copywriter also is responsible for managing junior creatives on the team. They must collaborate with the Creative Manager to allocate work assignments, provide opportunities for development, and foster and promote a productive and effective team environment.
- Has overall responsibility for developing and producing exceptional creative strategies and concepts that solve the identified problem and are appropriate for the brand’s personality.
- Articulate and advocate a vision and voice for the brand with an understanding and respect for the brand personality.
- Work with account management and others within the agency to ensure that strategies are insightful and will stimulate good work.
- Develop and guide break-through creative ideas that incorporate input from client, agency team, and personal research
- Inspire others and create/maintain an environment where big ideas consistently occur and thrive.
- Consistently deliver big ideas, and produce high quality, award winning work that enhances the agency-client relationship.
- Persuasively present and defend creative work to internal teams and clients.
- Operate in the best interest of both the client and the agency by using creative and agency resources judiciously and considering cost ramifications.
- Monitor all materials through all stages of pre-production and production.
- Ensure that work (own and others’) is delivered on time, and regularly report the status of projects to the Creative Director.
- Mentor, guide, and formally manage junior creatives.
- Regularly contribute to new business activities.
- Maintain consistently high creative advertising standards and proactively learn new techniques and trends (and disseminate such information to others on the Creative team).
- Actively participate in industry organizations, events, award shows, etc. as a professional representative of the agency and our clients.
- Network externally and be aware of key players, new talent, trends, etc.
- Intelligent thinking, good organization, and accuracy.
- Ability to define problems, collect relevant information, and draw insightful conclusions.
- Ability to anticipate and resolve issues and obstacles.
- A high degree of professional maturity.
- Sound and prudent decision making and professional judgment.
- Ability to manage a full plate of assignments across all channels (TV, print, direct, digital, etc.)
- Energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to build and maintain positive, productive working relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to effectively present work to Creative Director(s), members of the account team, and clients.
- Ability to take feedback from Creative Director(s), members of the account team, and clients.
- Consistent, proven creative talent (multiple well produced, big idea campaigns) and superior design sense
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in an agency environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience