** This is not an entry level role, recent grads need not apply. Thanks!
Why join the Digital Strategy department at Hill Holliday?
This is a great place to work, especially within our team. We're a family, and take care of our people. People tend to like it so much, they stick around — and thrive. Have you heard the story of how our CEO started as the receptionist?
We're a group of fun-loving and fast-moving digital natives who work on some of the most cutting edge projects and are obsessed with emerging platforms, apps, and digital content trends that drive our clients’ business goals and enhance relationships between brands and consumers. As an Associate Strategist in our department, you’ll work as part of a cross-functional team to develop, manage, and execute direct brand communications with consumers through organic content, campaigns, and conversations. You’ll be ensuring that customer experiences (online & IRL!) are meaningful and personable, while respecting the brand’s voice and coming up with creative solutions that work within the brand’s parameters.
Do you want to join our team, or know someone who would? Read on, or share this with a friend.
A day in your life would look like this (well, maybe not all of this every day):
- Work with creative, account, and brand planning teams to develop impactful social content that drives strategic objectives and delivers impactful results
- Work with planners to understand research and leverage insights to inform the development of tactical digital briefs
- Ensure digital strategy is executed throughout creative content development and production laddering back to the social guidelines/KPIs
- Manage, oversee and participate in community management tactics; regularly monitor and assess user activity across brand pages to respond or escalate as needed.
- Partner with media, social listening and analytics teams to optimize social content based on performance and creative insights
- Partner with brand planning, senior strategists, and account to develop and optimize social media strategy and content for integrated marketing campaigns
- Evaluate current and emerging efforts on social channels, including new channel and handle launches, marketing initiatives and consumer outreach efforts
- Own the management of content handoff to media team
- Keep up to date and inform client on the latest channel features and make recommendations on applicability to brand social media marketing and community management efforts
- Perform QA checks of platforms to escalate any issues to brand and troubleshoot with vendors/platform contacts for resolution
- Maintain communication with clients as needed on project-level basis
- Support teammates in the execution of high-profile integrated campaigns
- Keep on top of trends and changes in digital culture to bring innovative solutions and opportunities to our clients
To make this day awesome you’ll need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Possess a strong understanding of social media communities and marketing approaches, and strong working knowledge of social media platforms/ ad units
- Be able to organize, plan and prioritize daily activities while a lot of different things are trying to grab your attention
- Have excellent communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced environment; be able to speak confidently and calmly under pressure
- Immerse yourself in the brand, consumer insights, and marketing strategy
- Thrive within a more “entrepreneurial” environment by consistently delivering while helping to build best practices.
- Demonstrate best-in-class visual, verbal, and writing skills. (A lot of what we do is communicating, discussing and defending ideas and decisions.)
- Resourcefulness and curiosity are key. Proactively figure things out, find the right people to learn from and read/explore what’s happening in the industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years experience in community management, digital media, social media, and/or interactive marketing
- Demonstrable passion for active learning and development
- Healthcare and/ or pharmaceutical marketing experience is a plus
- Experience working at a digital agency is a plus