The Associate Director - Account Operations plays a critical role at Hill Holliday ensuring that we effectively deliver operational discipline, creative and production excellence that are essential to our clients’ business with speed to market. They will partner with cross disciplinary teams and drive forward momentum, workflow process, associate development and budget management across multi-channel projects. They must be strong in project, people and financial management. They are charted with reducing internal barriers to get work done seamlessly, ensure process is adhered to minimize friction and errors, and establishing the overall direction of how our best work gets done.
Who you are:
- You have 7+ years of relevant experience, primarily in agency environment and/or with a consumer brand
- You’ve built and coached teams through the agency’s end-to-end process (across traditional and digital channels), project management, production and delivery of best in class work against clients’ business goals
- You’re confident around senior leadership and a strong relationship builder with internal stakeholders and external clients
- You have experience working cross-functionally to champion new processes as a change agent
- You are skilled at proactively solving and/or circumventing problems across process, talent, financials, etc
- You’re a collaborator and know how to inclusively solicit input to find thoughtful solutions and build trust with internal teams and clients
- You thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment but able to navigate and guide teams amidst the chaos
- You’re a self-starter with a “no task is too small” attitude and comfortable working in an agile environment with tight management on timelines and project deliverables
- You have experience with financial / scope / contract management
- Partner with cross disciplinary teams (strategy, client servicing, creative, media, production, finance, digital technology) on a variety of projects – design overall project workflow with the ability to measure progress towards business goals and final delivery
- Workflow Management on larger, more complex projects only – Lead/Develop overarching project plans including deliverable tracking/follow-ups/coaching junior team members to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Resource allocation – managing talent utilization with inputs from client account leads, to ensure resources are properly allocated/tracked and risks are identified with competing timelines and staffing gaps
- Internal prioritization of work – managing overall accounts with strategic view on how to prioritize projects based on client needs, deadlines, internal resources and overall agency priorities
- Identify opportunities to eliminate redundancies and improve efficiencies in the daily management of the account managed (i.e., meeting efficiencies, client expectation management, etc.)
- Work with senior leadership across the agency to determine what is working vs. not working with strategic inputs on how to improve, change, scale back, expand, etc
- Scope of Work Development – Lead the development of annual and incremental scopes of work with account management team and finance
- Contract and gross margin management – Tracking, reporting, and advising account management on how the agency is tracking against client scopes. This includes oversight on staffing plans, department and individual hours tracking against scope deliverables, validating billable and non-billable expenses, tracking account expenses to ensure margin goals are properly met across clients and the agency.
- Lead client conversations involving scope of work, financial management, resource/project prioritization and production/delivery of work.
- Client reporting on scope tracking and management:
- Tracking actual work completed against agreed upon scope and manage the process for “project swapping” and incremental scoping
- Prepare and submit required reports to client on staffing and time spent by HH staff. Monthly reconciliation reports, monthly time reports, monthly staffing roll-up reports, quarterly reconciliation discussion, etc.
- Partner with account management to present reports to client and confidently discuss current financial status and manage expectations for the future (i.e. comfortable discussing risks and pushing back against scope as necessary)
- Flag and proactively escalate potential issues that will impact agreed upon scope (i.e. burn rate, utilization, delivery and timing, etc)