At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
Our Decision Science practice uses data and technology to help our clients make faster, better decisions that ultimately drive business results. A cross-disciplinary function, our capabilities span custom research, end-to-end marketing analytics, business analysis, and data science, often using creativity to tackle some of today’s toughest marketing problems. We help our clients make the right decision the first time, driving growth even within the most congested categories.
In this role, you will be responsible for leveraging business, consumer, and media data across several Hill Holliday’s integrated client engagements to derive greater value from our advertising programs.
The Associate Director - Decision will be responsible for:
- Interfacing with mid-to-senior clients seamlessly, bringing a strong, demonstrated knowledge of client business.
- Managing team output and the delivery of on-time, error-free work streams above client expectations.
- Being seen as a go-to representative with strong knowledge of team functions pulling in senior or cross-capability leadership as opportunities arise.
- Generating appropriate (and measurable) hypotheses. Intellectually curious and challenges team to push innovation of work.
- Strong, demonstrated knowledge of database management, statistical analyses, insight development, and storytelling.
- Introducing new thinking beyond observed insights, bringing innovative, data-inspired hypotheses and thoughts to the team.
- Setting up measurement initiatives across multiple channels. Ability to plan analyses involving others.
- Has the experience to develop analytic plans for new emerging channels (based on the infrastructure level of data available). Ability to guide team to forecast complex projects.
- Expertise in at least 2 visualization tools; proficiency and basic knowledge of all, including pros and cons.
- Expertise in basic and intermediate statistical methods, e.g., financial ratios, linear regression, correlations, statistical testing.
- Demonstrating progression against advanced statistical methods, e.g., multiple linear regression, logistic regression, advanced experimental design.
- Acting as leader for junior team members across client teams and leading junior members in visualization as a storytelling technique.
- Leading training in technologies, including statistical analysis tools, visualization platforms, media analytics tools, etc. Leading at least 1 training per calendar year on a topic of his/her choice, relevant to our work.
- Continuously reading, learning, and proactively thinking about ways to make our work and our team better.
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse team members and support them in their development of goals. Encourages and facilitates learning and growth of others.
- Takes accountability and drives the team to do their best work.
- Ability to own a room during a presentation.
- Ability to manage up, down and across.
- Can lead on-boarding, training and development for junior team members and other teams.
- Can lead meetings with confidence.
- Key driver in ensuring cross department and team collaboration.
- Can flex between managing the team, and being a collaborative member of the team.
- Strive to positively influence peer group and cross functional team members.
- Creates opportunities for junior team members to get involved in projects, events and offerings that will help them stretch and grow.
Accountability for Results
- Understands complete scope and team responsibilities and manages hours and resources to get work done.
- Experience developing and communicating ingenious strategies in how the team meets goals and delivers work.
- Ensures team members take accountability for on-time and on budget quality execution.
- Ability to provide leadership to the team and is a responsible steward of deliverables.
- 6+ years of experience in an advertising agency
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing analytics or related field , ad agency experience a plus