At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR - HEALTHCARE
Websites, mobile apps, banners, social content... you get the gist. The Digital Production team manages the delivery of all these and more. They're tech-savvy problem solvers that help bring ideas to life online. They're capable of determining not only the resources needed to make work happen, but the best approach to take in the digital realm. They ensure products get to market on time and perform right, so we can all sleep a little better at night.
Mission for this role:
This opportunity is for Associate Director on the Digital Production team who will be an effective leader of a cross-functional team that delivers best in class digital experiences in the healthcare / pharmaceutical category. In this role, you will oversee a team of digital producers as well as your own digital marketing projects, ensuring team success and delivery of website builds and updates, mobile apps, email, and banner development. You will partner with Account Management to lead strategic digital conversations with clients and ensure the best work is being delivered. You’ll help sell in and scope projects, forecast and manage team allocations, and help establish and implement processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness in an ever-changing digital landscape. This role reports to the Director of Digital Production.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience leading a team within an advertising agency or similar environment
- Experience working in the pharmaceutical space
- Extensive experience managing complex digital projects
- Strong project management principles and tools
- Strong interest in creative best practices and emerging technologies
Lead and oversee execution of digital deliverables of all types: websites, emails, banners, RM campaigns, etc.
- Communicate clearly with all resource types and levels to ensure shared understanding of project goals and path to success
- Help author scopes of work and staffing plans for new projects and retainers
- Partner with project teams to ensure objectives and KPIs can be effectively met within planned schedules and budgets
- Develop detailed project plans and timelines and manage projects against budgets
- Creatively solve problems related to timing, resources, and budgets
- Communicate project status to teams and clients on a regular basis, develop and distribute project documentation, assess and communicate risks
- Provide oversight and quality control on all deliverables
- Report and track quality assurance issues using JIRA or other similar project management systems
- Oversee and contribute to the documentation of business requirements and functional specs
- Communicate with offshore web development teams and senior level clients
- Work within existing Content Management Systems to make content updates, and collaborate with third party technology vendors to customize new and existing Content Management Systems as needed
- Understand and communicate what is and is not possible within the framework of website templates
- Be the liaison between the motion design and development teams (internal and external) and creative/account management/client
- Manage email vendors, route test blasts, and provide fulfillment criteria for deployments
- Work with analytics to ensure all digital assets are properly tagged
Direct managerial oversight of small team of digital producers to ensure success across all healthcare accounts.
- Oversee Senior, Mid-level, and Associate Digital Producers with a macro view across all healthcare clients
- Provide day-to-day support and guidance for DPs to resolve issues, enforce process, mediate conflict, and launch successful campaigns
- Serve as an escalation point for project teams that require support with issues or communication
- Assign and track allocations against staffing estimates and utilization to ensure work and team are properly balanced
- Manage training of Digital Production team on healthcare accounts
- Ensure direct reports feel supported, nurtured, and appropriately challenged
Provide thought-leadership and critical thinking to help shape digital campaigns.
- Establish digital roadmaps in partnership with Digital Strategy and Account Management across healthcare accounts
- Collaborate with creative, UX, technology, and digital strategy teams to ensure highest quality digital work is delivered consistently
- Be a thought-leader who understands digital best practices and can apply them to our clients’ business
- Understand core technologies related to the development of digital assets
- Be the team’s key contact to speak to technical items and digital dependencies
- Serve as the point-of-contact for media and partner agencies
- Work with other team leads to identify and prospect for new digital opportunities
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Patience & grace under pressure
- Self-motivation & proactivity
- Critical thinking & decision-making
- Natural leadership abilities & intuition
- Empathy (for peers, clients, users)
- Low ego
- Desire to foster team growth
- Ability to read a room
- Experience with project management tools & processes
- Experience working in content management systems
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge a plus