At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
The Strategy team brings diverse collaboration to the digital and planning realm. Our strategists don’t just understand the consumers – they influence them. They're constantly identifying opportunities to engage and motivate customers during their journey, while also developing strategies that inform winning ideas. Their ability to develop brands that excel in purpose, positioning, and personality is remarkable. They’re laser-focused on enhancing the online relationship between our brands and their customers. They’re prepared to move fast, collaborate quickly, and use every resource available to take our work to the next level. They’re obsessively curious about emerging social platforms, mobile apps, and digital trends – and fearless in their exploration of these new areas.
The Associate Director - Strategy will be responsible for:
- Leading brand strategy across multiple clients / lines of business for the agency. Developing and writing briefs to establish the direction of the project/campaign
- Being insatiably curious about what motivates, inspires, scares, excites people, the world around them and how they engage with media and content outlets
- Being a shrewd business person who understands what makes the client’s business tick
- Turning an insight into a story and can tell the story in a way that inspires others
- Crafting thought provoking POVs (on a channel, on an industry, on a topic, etc.) including actionable implications and next steps to share with the larger internal, and external teams.
- Leading culture, client, and consumer knowledge base, while staying culturally hungry and aware of trends
- Be the smart, versatile thinker for the team with a media agnostic approach, bringing forth the latest digital opportunities and having a strong understanding of all media, but especially digital media platforms
- Driving research including insight mining, creative assessment and ongoing measurement; working in collaboration with our Decision Sciences Team and research vendors to design, moderate and interpret research results.
- Leading discussions around a brand house, brand positioning work, etc.
- Building and managing client engagement and direct relationships, collaborating with clients to and internal teams to lead workshops, brainstorms and presentations, while also being the go-to partner for creatives to lean on for the business and consumers s.for creatives to lean on.
- Managing and guiding junior team members on strategic chops and brief development.
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse team members and support them in their development of goals. Encourages and facilitates learning and growth of others.
- Takes accountability and drives the team to do their best work.
- Ability to own a room during a presentation.
- Ability to manage up, down and across.
- Can lead on-boarding, training and development for junior team members and other teams.
- Can lead meetings with confidence.
- Key driver in ensuring cross department and team collaboration.
- Can flex between managing the team, and being a collaborative member of the team.
- Strive to positively influence peer group and cross functional team members
- Creates opportunities for junior team members to get involved in projects, events and offerings that will help them stretch and grow
Accountability for Results
- Understands complete scope and team responsibilities and manages hours and resources to get work done.
- Experience developing and communicating ingenious strategies in how the team meets goals and delivers work.
- Ensures team members take accountability for on-time and on budget quality execution.
- Ability to provide leadership to the team and is a responsible steward of deliverables.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Advocate for diverse perspectives
- Hunger to learn more about diversity and inclusion
- Foster and promote inclusivity with agency
- Manage Team to prioritize and produce inclusive work/culture
- 7+ years of experience, leading brand strategy with a strong digital bent
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field ideal