At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
Strategists don't just understand the consumers – they influence them. They're constantly identifying opportunities to engage and motivate customers during their journey, while also developing strategies that inform winning ideas. Their ability to develop brands that excel in purpose, positioning, and personality is remarkable. Now if they could just develop a way to get all the lunches catered.
We are looking for a creatively ambitious Associate Director - Strategy who can move fluidly between intuition and rigor to solve complex marketing problems. Our ideal candidate:
- Has a strong track record of inspiring creative excellence and has gained industry recognition for it
- Has a keen eye for observations and relentlessly looks for them in unexpected places
- Is insatiably curious about what motivates, inspires, scares, excites people, the world around them and how they engage with media and content outlets
- Is a shrewd business person who understands what makes the client’s business tick
- Can turn an insight into a story and can tell the story in a way that inspires others
- Understanding what people do, and how and why they do it
- Directing the development of brand and communication strategies
- Designing compelling propositions and brand positionings
- Generating hypotheses, prototyping and testing concepts, and vigorously defending the clarity of great ideas
- Designing and guiding innovative consumer research initiatives
- Work with diverse creative thinkers to develop campaigns and platforms
- Be a trusted advisor and voice of authority with very senior clients
- Creating exciting stories that inspire idea people
- Demanding nothing short of excellence in all communications; care deeply about how each element of the brief and briefing is presented
- Looking for inspiration in unexpected places
- Traveling the roads not tried before
- Thinking about opportunities to drive innovation in client products, services and propositions
- Be ambitious
- Have 8+ years of experience serving as the strategic lead on major brands, advertising agency or brand consultancy experience is required
- Must have senior client facing experience
- Experience in development of brand and communication strategies
- Experience in creating compelling brand propositions and positionings
- Experience of designing and guiding consumer research initiatives
- Be fascinated by how technology influences consumer behavior
- Be fantastically resourceful
- Be insatiably curious about culture and technology
- Have an entrepreneurial / investigative bend of mind
- Be able to: find patterns in chaos, separate the important from the trivial and form an educated opinion and defend it.