The IT Support Technician provides support to all agency end-users on a variety of technical and computer issues. She/he works with the Technology Services team to respond efficiently and effectively to employee requests for technical support, troubleshooting problems in a timely and accurate fashion, escalating when needed, and providing end-user training and assistance.
This is a critical, high-profile role and is often an employee’s first experience with the Technology Services department. The desktop engineer must be able to successfully interact with all levels and departments within the agency, and the level of service provided must be consistent with the highest standards of customer service and quality.
Qualifications / Key skills:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree (preferably in computer science or Information Technology)
- Mac Genius, Microsoft Certification and/or A+ Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of mobile technologies including cell phones and tablets.
- Experience using a help desk ticketing system a plus.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong technical skills.
- Excited about technology and willing to learn.
- Well organized with strong planning skills.
- Clear communicator—both verbal and written skills.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting printers and print audit software.
- Meet or exceed all agreed-upon SLAs.
- Patch network connections and perform network troubleshooting.
- Document, track, and monitor end-user technical problems and ensure their timely resolution. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and software while ensuring optimal computer performance and user experience.
- Operating systems to be supported include: Mac OS X, Windows 7, iOS, Android.
- Track and resolve incidents and issues within our enterprise ticketing system.
- Provide remote support to offsite users.
- Assist with new hire orientation and onboarding.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot technical problems under pressure while working independently and as part of a larger team.
- Consistently demonstrate an understanding of Windows and Mac computer hardware and operating systems, networking, printers, a variety of software applications, and audio/video systems, as well as Desktop and Asset Management tools - preferably Landesk and Casper.
- Provide support with imaging for various desktop/laptop models.
- Flexibility to work long hours/overtime and weekends when needed.