The role of the Associate Media Buyer – National Investments is to support the buying group in day-to-day work of buying national television and digital video media.
- Understand client goals and buy parameters
- Assist with billing discrepancies, checking contracts, and maintaining order letters
- Input and maintain schedules in the buying systems
- Monitor buys based on viewing data to secure in flight delivery
- Obtain & review all makegood offers & assist in negotiating acceptable makegoods by researching ratings information, negotiated costs and time periods with reps
- Evaluate media plans and work with buyers to negotiate deals for agency clients
- Traffic digital buys via DCM and assist in monitoring campaign deliverables
- Demonstrate knowledge of agency business and procedures
- Foster relationships with vendors and media staff
- Keep in touch with industry trends and research
- Individual contributor, motivated and self-driven.
- Proactively seeks out answers and solutions.
- Articulate and thoughtful written and verbal communication.
- Curious and open minded.
- An actively positive and collaborative team player.
- Asks questions and seeks out people to learn from.
- Enjoys working with different people who bring new ideas to the table.
Accountability for Results
- Takes ownership of deliverables and understands the importance of meeting deadlines.
- Resourceful in figuring out how to get projects and tasks done.
- Customer service oriented
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Openness to people from all walks of life
- Hunger to learn more about diversity and inclusion
- Inclusive mindset and willingness to grow
- Modeling inclusivity within Teams/Dept
- Interest in National video media buying
- Exhibits a positive attitude in handling requests from a variety of sources
- Accuracy and follow-up on projects are a must for this position
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize the workload, both independently and as part of a team.
- Professionalism when interacting with vendors, peers, and management
- Strong quantitative skills, including analytical abilities and math proficiency
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills. Experience in Google Sheets and Slides is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant professional experience