Platform Media Group Overview
The rise of technology platforms has given way to programmatic, data-driven media buying. Hill Holliday has built out a team dedicated to this programmatic approach whose expertise spans search, social, display, mobile and video. The role of this team is to understand the landscape of technology platforms, how to use them, and then successfully apply them to the strategy and execution of client programs.
Hill Holliday is seeking an Associate Media Strategist - Platform with exceptional analytical and data driven skills to become an expert in platform offerings and how to best utilize the technology to drive business results. This role is critical to success of the campaigns and will work closely with the Media planning and Account teams to ensure success.
The Associate Media Strategist supports the media planning team on the overall development and administration of national and/or local media plans for one or more designated clients. In this junior-level position, the assistant strategist learns the media planning function and begins to develop knowledge of various media outlets including TV, digital, radio, print, out-of-home, promotions, non-traditional media, etc.
As an Associate Media Strategist – Platform, you will be responsible for:
- Analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing audience and cost data for individual media vehicles, in consideration of brand requirements such as budget, target audience, types of programs, etc.
- Collaborating with the media planning team to develop and present recommendations for the best allocation of the client’s media budget across multiple mediums and markets in order to optimize both reach and investment
- Preparing competitive media reports
- Negotiating and coordinating added value programs in conjunction with media buyers
- Negotiating and placing print and out-of-home media buys
- Tracking and reporting clien
- Individual contributor, motivated and self-driven.
- Curious and open minded.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An actively positive and collaborative team player.
- Asks questions and seeks out people to learn from.
- Enjoys working with different people who bring new ideas to the table.
Accountability for Results
- Takes ownership of deliverables and understands the importance of meeting deadlines.
- Resourceful in figuring out how to get projects and tasks done.
- Customer service oriented.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Openness to people from all walks of life
- Hunger to learn more about diversity and inclusion
- Inclusive mindset and willingness to grow
- 0 - 2 years’ experience in media
- Fluent in MS Excel usage
- Familiar with digital marketing and social media