The Business Affairs Associate will support all Business Affairs procedures as they relate to our Integrated Production department. This job requires day-to-day interaction with Business Affairs, Producers and Account Service. This position will report directly into the Director of Business Affairs. As a member of our team, you will be assisting the senior members of the team in all business facets of commercial production across Hill Holliday’s client roster, including production and talent contracting, licensing and clearances, budget administration, scoping legal issues, interpreting the SAG Commercials Contract as it relates to specific productions. Additionally, you will work alongside the Business Affairs Managers who work closely with Hill Holliday’s account teams to scope and screen work for potential legal or licensing issues.
- Excellent communication and multi-tasking skills
- Self-motivation and extreme organization in fast-paced environment
- Strong decision-making skills based on collected team input
- A desire to learn about the business and legal aspects of our industry
Bonus: Knowledge of advertising agency video production and Business Affairs
- Learn the function and processes of the Business Affairs department
- Handle or assist handling talent contracts both union (the Screen Actors Guild aka SAG) and non-union
- T&R Estimating
- Processing talent contracts/session payments
- Handle or assist handling acquiring Music rights
- Handle or assist with handling creative reviews and all third-party clearances and licensing, including stock footage, movie/TV rights, music, props, etc.
- Assist in working closely with IPG legal counsel in resolving potential production liabilities and working through solutions
- Partner with Account Management teams to provide guidance on production estimates, costs, copyrights and legal
- Process all Business Affairs related invoices & paperwork, including working closely with finance when necessary