At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
As a Developer at Hill Holliday, you will be part of a team responsible for concepting, designing and developing digital advertising & experiences on behalf of our clients.
You will begin by working alongside designers and art directors to invision the best creative approach for online advertising. Once approved, you will take these designs and turn them into fully developed work across dynamic display, social, website & email.
We are looking for an individual that puts creativity and curiosity above strict process and ego. You will be joining the team that uses their experience and best practices as a launching pad, but is passionate about exploring new design trends, technologies, development stacks and channels to deliver the most effective solutions and customer experience.
The work you will create in this role will be highly dynamic and ever-changing. We are looking for someone with deep skills in one or more of the following areas, but a true passion and drive to learn and grow, in the others:
Frontend Web Development (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Can write clean HTML5 semantic markup
- Understanding of mobile-first, responsive CSS, especially with preprocesses like SCSS and LESS
- Basic understanding of the terminal and task runners
- Basic understanding of Git and version control
- Experience with Greensock or other animation libraries
- Understanding of basic API concepts & the ability to interpret and activate various data feed formats (JSON, XML, CSV)
Layout and Web Design
- Fundamental understanding of layout, color theory & typography
- Ability to leverage creative brand and campaign guidelines to create new digital assets
- Understand the specific design requirements of various online channels and platforms
- Knowledge of animation treatment, transitions and cadence
Nice to-haves (if not, we can teach you, but you need to want to learn)
- Knowledge of digital advertising arena (agency or client side)
- Experience with creative personalization platforms (i.e. Jivox, Lift)
- Experience working with measurement and tagging libraries
- Working knowledge of Adobe CC Suite
- Understanding of asset creation for social media platforms (i.e. Facebook, Twitter)
- Google DCS/QA certification
- Understand and can build to Web Accessibility Standards
- Have worked with preprocessor libraries (we use Gulp, but open to new ideas)
- Have developed template code for use with Content Management Systems (Craft, Drupal, WordPress, etc)
Please provide a link to your online portfolio showcasing your design and development experience.