At Hill Holliday, we’re all about fighting the daily share battle in the noisiest categories with winning ideas. We believe that content plays a critical role in this mission, providing value to audiences to increase the likelihood that they will choose to engage with our brands. To that end, we are seeking an Editorial Strategist to help lead the deployment and ongoing maintenance and success of a branded content publishing program for a telecommunications client.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record and experience in developing and sustaining publishing programs for brands, including editing (and in some cases writing) text articles on a regular basis, overseeing a roster of writers/contributors, and architecting and implementing effective content-marketing strategies.
- Oversee the day-to-day workflow and pipeline of content and distribution from briefing to edits and approvals and finally publishing, upwards of 3x articles weekly
- Lead and help build network of freelance content creators: journalists, subject matter experts, etc
- Identify ongoing topics for content creation against content pillars and develop briefs for contributors, culled from audience, business, social and cultural insights
- Working across the customer journey and ecosystem of touchpoints, develop recommendations for new content formats (e.g. podcasts) and channels as well as media and publisher partnership opportunities.
- Regularly apply learnings from past performance into ongoing content generation and test new components on an ongoing basis
- Consult with client and provide POV’s on industry, cultural and category trends and developments as needed.
- Participate in any new and/or regularly occurring client-side editorial meetings and be an ongoing, direct line of access to the client
- Writing/editing expertise (journalism background a plus)
- Client-facing, formidable presenter
- Proven strategic chops, both with crafting strategy decks and executing on and optimizing strategies
- Clarity and simplicity of vision communicated both orally and via deck/presentation design
- Strong knowledge of CMS platforms and digital ecosystems
- Hands-on keyboard experience with digital marketing analytics and relevant software (e.g. Google analytics)
- 4+ years relevant experience