Are you a self-motivated developer who likes to build front-end applications? Do you enjoy working on existing frameworks like Content Management Systems (CMS) and Email Production Software, learning new languages and frameworks , as well as building tools and custom solutions? Can you work in a team environment and meet code standards so it’s easy for other developers to understand your work, yet work independently and produce in a proactive manner?
As a front-end developer at Hill Holliday, you will be joining our “all-ways-digital” Creative Technology (CT) team, made up of producers, experience design specialists, developers, quality assurance specialists and innovators who work together to solve problems daily. We pride ourselves on a “work smarter” philosophy and have a strong team-oriented culture that consistently strives to build the best marketing and advertising solutions while simultaneously optimizing the processes that get us there. We work with clients across industries, in both the health and non-health spaces, and are looking for a front-end developer with 2+ years of experience in a similar high-energy, fast paced agency environment (in-office, fully remote, or hybrid). The front-end developer will have varied work responsibilities including building and updating web-based properties through client-mandated CMS platforms, developing banner ads and emails, as well as the ability to assist senior team members on custom, dynamic, and/or innovative projects (i.e., apps, large-scale tech-enabled “live” experiences, new SaaS systems with agency IP (Intellectual Property), and innovation explorations around emerging technologies). The successful candidate will also possess the desire to assist our rapidly growing Creative Technology team to reform and optimize processes and procedures on an ever-evolving basis.
- Develop optimized code for maximum speed, scalability, and effect for various devices, operating systems, and browsers.
- Develop using atomic design principles to produce reusable code blocks
- Organize and maintain existing code and solutions
- Utilize a variety of markup languages to hand-write code that is clean, semantic, and accessible
- Develop through a variety of user-interfaces including various CMS, headless CMS, and Email SaaS
- Utilize best practices for SEO and accessibility
- Collaborate with the CT team and all other departments as required
- Keep an eye towards optimizing processes and procedures on an ongoing basis
- Proficiency in JS frameworks like Vue, React, jQuery (skills in Vue/Nuxt preferred)
- Experience with various development tools, concepts, and resources, such as:
- Frameworks like Tailwind CSS and Bootstrap
- Typescript, and working with linting tools
- Build tool chains like Vite, Snowpack, Webpack, Node, Docker, Gulp
- Responsive and adaptive design
- current debugging tools and methods
- 508 Compliance / Web Accessibility (We strive to build sites that hit AA WCAG compliance)
- SEO principles
- integration of external APIs
- templating languages such as Twig
- Content Management Systems such as Craft CMS, Contentful, Drupal, and WordPress
- GreenSock Animation Library
- Graphic design applications such as Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Figma
- Salesforce and/or Veeva
- Effective communication skills, explaining technical solutions to collaborators of different skill sets.
- Self-starter, with a desire to understand context, own next steps, and cultivate productive collaborations.
- Can run with high-level requirements and help break them down into finer detail and fill in gaps.
- Creative problem solver, assessing feasibility and risk, providing visibility of challenges
- Experience and willingness to code emails and display ads as required (OLA development)
Some of our perks:
- Time Off: Flexible and unlimited. Company Time off for Holidays + we close the office from Dec 24th to New Years. 🌴
- Equipment: Your own Mac or PC, extra monitor, and other gear for designers, motion, creatives, developers as needed.
- Health: Great medical, dental, and vision. 12 weeks Maternity, 6 weeks parental leave. A $100 annual allowance mental and physical care initiative to support your well-being.
- Work from home: Work from wherever you need to.
- Office: Offices in Boston, NYC and Greenville, SC if you need a physical space to meet or work."
- Creative Technology Team: get in on the ground floor of this newly formed team of passionate technology professionals working towards building a best-in-class digital and innovation center of excellence where “keeping modern, working smarter” will be an underlying pin to success.