The IT Manager will serve as a critical member of the IT Operations Team. In this role, the candidate will own the overall support responsibility for the New York office. He/She must be a subject matter expert on the desktop components of the enterprise computing environment, including but not limited to: Imaging, Windows and Mac Desktop Management (patches, fixes, application upgrades, etc) and advanced triage/ troubleshooting of service incidents. The ideal candidate should be proficient in testing, certifying, and deploying new software and solutions to the enterprise. The candidate will also be expected to manage ad-hoc portions of various IT projects within the enterprise.
4-7 years of Advanced IT Desktop Support / Desktop Engineering
BA/BS degree preferred, ideally in IT/IS/MIS/CIS or engineering disciplines
Key Skills / Requirements
● Demonstrates advanced proficiency in application compatibility and support within the Windows and Mac
● Demonstrates advanced proficiency with imaging for various desktop/laptop models
● Demonstrates advanced understanding of Quality Assurance and Application Testing methods for
enterprise software delivery and support
● Demonstrates advanced proficiency with Desktop and Asset Management tools
● Experience managing an IT inventory
● Demonstrates advanced proficiency with Apple iOS products, such as iPhones and iPads.
● Experience with acceptance testing of major/minor hardware and software upgrades/patches relevant to
the Hill Holliday environment: Microsoft Windows, Apple Macintosh OSX, Microsoft Office, AntiVirus /
Desktop Security Tools (Desktop not Server), Desktop Encryption, Various desktop and business unit
● Experience providing remote support to offsite users
● Take ownership of major deliverables and smaller programs/projects within the assigned site, managing
them independently and efficiently
● Assist IT Leadership team with the identification and recommendation of evolving desktop and software
standards. Produce strategic recommendations and How To’s.
● Assist senior IT members with new application and process rollouts
● Experience working within a regulated compliance environment
● Ability to lift 30 lbs.
● Clear communicator—both verbal and written skills
● Flexibility to work long hours/overtime and weekends when needed
● Strong customer service skills
● Takes personal accountability for on-time, on-budget, quality execution
● Ability to see beyond explicit assignment and identify broader, longer term opportunities and benefits
● Proactively identifies areas of improvement to team and user practices and processes