Why join the Experience Design department at Hill Holliday?
At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
As a member of the Experience Design department, you'll also be a key part of our larger, cross-functional Customer Experience (CX) practice. We design and create experiences that create value for customers and capture value for our clients across the entire customer journey.
About this role:
As a Junior Interface Designer, you will assist in creating world-class visual and interaction design for our client’s digital experiences. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn new things and solve problems in a fast-paced, highly collaborative atmosphere. We are looking for someone who works efficiently and designs using modern techniques and UX principles. You will work on a wide variety of projects with the opportunity to learn and grow from a team of strategists, experience designers, digital producers, and developers who work on high profile digital products for Fortune 100 companies.
- Design websites, apps, and other multi screen digital experiences with the end user in mind.
- Needs to be attentive to detail, resourceful, work well under pressure.
- Able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines daily.
- Have strong communications skills in problem solving — you have the ability to negotiate and articulate the "why" of design decisions, and have thick enough skin to give and take constructive criticism.
- Demonstrate adherence to existing brand guidelines if they exist, or develop new guidelines and use them consistently if needed.
- Show flexibility in response to evolving opportunities and requirements.
- Push boundaries and explore new territories; never settling for “good enough.”
- Internship to 2 years professional experience in UX, interface design or adjacent design speciality
- Strong sense for layout, color, and typography
- Solution-oriented, proactive, and team-spirited
- Self-starter who partners well with internal and external teams
- Empathy (for users, clients, peers)
- Attention to detail
- Low ego
- Passion for design
- An ideal candidate will be proficient with most/all of:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- HTML & CSS basics