At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
The Junior Studio Designer supports the creative team through all phases of the creative process on current client work, new business initiatives as well as any internal creative requests. The Junior Studio Designer will work directly with both the creative teams and Senior Studio Designers to collaborate on deliverables. They will also partner with the production team to ensure the files they deliver are accurate. The ideal candidate will have a design background in both print and digital and will bring cutting-edge design and media thinking to the table.
- Builds mechanical files to the proper specs for print (Mag, News, POP, OOH) and digital (OLA Banners, web pages), ensure files are built properly and pass a quality-control checklist and work with the print production team to release files.
- Collaborates with the creative team to assist on projects that could include comping, image searches, resizes, revisions and concepting.
- Works with the new business team to create and deliver presentation materials.
- Comp work (mounting boards, presentation materials, building books and signage)
- Individual contributor, motivated and self-driven.
- Curious and open minded.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An actively positive and collaborative team player.
- Asks questions and seeks out people to learn from.
- Enjoys working with different people who bring new ideas to the table.
Accountability for Results
- Takes ownership of deliverables and understands the importance of meeting deadlines.
- Resourceful in figuring out how to get projects and tasks done.
- Customer service oriented.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Openness to people from all walks of life
- Hunger to learn more about diversity and inclusion
- Inclusive mindset and willingness to grow
- 1-2 years’ experience in graphic or studio design
- A solid design portfolio, showing a strong sense of layout and typography in both print and web.