The role of account management at Hill Holliday is to create, manage and expand the conditions for great work and ideas to flourish. We strive to create work that moves people, changes the status quo, and drives our clients’ business and our own.
Our account managers are dynamic marketing strategists who know their client’s business deeply and proactively bring new thinking and an invaluable outside perspective. They connect the dots and marshal resources and talent to deliver all aspects of modern marketing. They are creative “true believers” who recognize, contribute to, protect, and most importantly bring to life great work and ideas. They drive teams that make things happen so we win for our clients and Hill Holliday.
Expectations and Behaviors:
Dynamic Marketing Strategists
- Researches and develops an understanding of our client’s industry, competition, customer base, and drivers that impact their business.
- Is viewed as an expert in the client’s business to internal partners and able to use this expertise to influence and inform decisions.
- Generates ideas and initiates programs that drive the client’s business.
- Considered a trusted strategic partner to the client and an active participant in their business and marketing discussions.
- Clearly understands and can articulate the business objectives that the client is looking to achieve.
Open and Curious Versatilists
- Shows openness to feedback, new ideas and suggestions from others. Is quick and nimble to implement.
- Demonstrates an ability to foresee issues makes new and creative recommendations on improvements and proactively prevents obstacles.
- Displays self-awareness and shows eagerness to learn and develop.
Creative True Believers
- Studies cutting edge marketing activities across channels and makes recommendations on which activities will provide the client and the agency with the best results.
- Takes some calculated risks and brings forward creative suggestions and encourages team to do the same.
- Understands the “why” behind Creative work and client requests and is able to communicate this clearly and efficiently to others.
- Actively researches, synthetizes and communicates current trends and changes in our industry as well as their client’s business.
- Builds relationships with internal and external partners. Is a true collaborator and creates an environment that encourages information sharing and openness to new ideas.
- Asks open-ended questions to get to the root of issue.
- Manages change and conflict by offering guidance and support.
- Demonstrates a desire and aptitude to present in small and large, internal and external groups.
- Manages meetings with efficiency and ensures critical objectives are met.
- Uses clear and concise communication; is efficient both verbally and in writing.
- Manages projects efficiently and effectively so they are completed on time, on budget and in line with client expectations.
- Encourages and supports team members by sharing information, expertise and best practices.
- Hires exceptional talent to support business needs.
Audacious spirit with a willingness to take risks for our clients and ourselves by pushing forward good ideas
Ambitious, driven and hard-working
Curious to learn, seek information and an openness to new ideas and approaches
Generous in gratitude and in time
Empathetic to perspective of others
Optimism to imagine a better future state and motivate others to work together towards shared goals
- Social content or media experience is a plus
- 8+ years of experience in an advertising agency
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field
- Management experience