Media Buyer – Local
Hill Holliday is looking for a local broadcast media buyer who will partner with our clients and vendors as a market specialist to negotiate local radio & TV, including digital audio (e.g., Spotify, Pandora) and digital video (Hulu,Roku). Our broadcast buyers develop managerial skills by working with assistant buyers, work in a team based environment with other departments, and have direct client contact. Position open in either Boston or New York.
- Has an understanding of client businesses and agency processes.
- Client contact at the local market level
- Master use and application of industry research, software and systems, and agency resources
- Master buying and monitoring skillset to insure maximum value and no errors
- Deliver POVs relevant to client issues and possible opportunities
- Works at improving negotiation skill set through volunteering to pick up a variety of buying assignments
- Can Multi-task and prioritize workload
- Is well organized, detail oriented and demands accuracy
- Has a willingness to learn and to creatively problem solve, while inviting suggestions from management
- Is a self-starter, accepting feedback and taking direction well
- Enjoys interacting with sales people in negotiating great partnerships that drive business for our clients. Is developing a reputation in the industry as fair, open minded, and pays attention to detail.
- Represent HH and our clients to our media partners in a positive and knowledgeable manner. Develop strong relationships with sales vendors and internal agency departments
- Develop a respected relationship and help train Assistants in all media basics
- 2-3 years in business in local spot tv/radio media buying. Local digital video and audio experience a plus.