Trilia Media, a division of Hill Holliday is looking for a local broadcast media buyer who will partner with our clients and vendors as a market specialist to negotiate local radio & TV, including digital audio (ex. Spotify, Pandora) and digital video (ex. Hulu,Roku) for Dunkin' Donuts, Planet Fitness, and Great Wolf Resorts.
Position open in either Boston or New York.
Our broadcast buyers develop managerial skills by working with assistant buyers, work in a team based environment with other departments, and have direct client contact.
- Has an understanding of client businesses and agency processes.
- Client contact at the local market level
- Master use and application of industry research, software and systems, and agency resources
- Master buying and monitoring skillset to insure maximum value and no errors
- Deliver POVs relevant to client issues and possible opportunities
- Works at improving negotiation skill set through volunteering to pick up a variety of buying assignments
- Can Multi-task and prioritize workload
- Is well organized, detail oriented and demands accuracy
- Has a willingness to learn and to creatively problem solve, while inviting suggestions from management
- Is a self-starter, accepting criticism and taking direction well
- Enjoys interacting with sales people in negotiating great partnerships that drive business for our clients. Is developing a reputation in the industry as fair, open minded, and pays attention to detail.
- Represent Trilia and our clients to our media partners in a positive and knowledgeable manner. Develop strong relationships with sales vendors and internal agency departments
- Develop a respected relationship and help train Assistants in all media basics
- 2-3 years in business in local spot tv/radio media buying. Local digital video and audio experience a plus.