Platform Media Group Overview:
The rise of technology platforms has given way to programmatic, data-driven media buying. Hill Holliday has built out a team dedicated to this programmatic approach whose expertise spans search, social, display, mobile and video. The role of this team is to understand the landscape of technology platforms, how to use them, and then successfully apply them to the strategy and execution of client programs.
Hill Holliday is seeking a Media Buyer – Platform with exceptional analytical and data driven skills to become an expert in platform offerings and how to best utilize the technology to drive business results. This role is critical to success of campaigns and will work closely with the Media planning and Account teams to ensure results.
As a Media Buyer - Platform, you will be responsible for:
- Advanced understanding and operation of the various platform technologies utilized by Hill Holliday across disciplines (search, social, and traditional programmatic technologies)
- Managing Assistants, helping to ensure flawless execution and exceptional campaign performance
- Partnering with internal teams to understand the client’s marketing goals and nuances
- Helping identify and suggest new technologies or tactics that can help deliver or exceed client goals
- Understanding strategies, tools, and data that can be leveraged to make campaigns more successful
- Analyzing data on a daily basis to perform ongoing optimizations and identify any shifts in trends
- Leveraging knowledge across platforms to apply learnings from one channel to a another
- Having deep understanding of third-party ad-servers, rich media vendors, and other tracking technologies that can be incorporated into buys
- Contributing to weekly, monthly, and annual reporting needs and insights
- Strategy and implementation of complex campaign set-ups across clients and programs
- Advanced understanding of the supply and data ecosystems and the appropriate application of each within campaigns
- Developing strong relationships with platform technology companies, seeking out new opportunities that could augment client initiatives
- Helping to conduct audits of technology vendors to determine strategic vendors Hill Holliday should partner with
- Leading trafficking in DCM and platforms with support from Assistant
- Contributing to improvements in processes, both technical and business
- Maintaining a clear communication channel with internal teams regarding expected deliverables
- Individual contributor with developed leadership skills.
- Able to comfortably shift work priorities when things change.
- Proactively seeks out answers and solutions.
- Articulate and thoughtful written and verbal communication.
- Experience collaborating positively and effectively with internal or external partners and clients.
- Enjoys working with different people who bring new ideas to the table.
Accountability for Results
- Takes ownership of projects and deliverables.
- Strong contributor to on-time, on-budget quality execution.
- Proactively identifies and communicates opportunities to improve work and processes.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Openness to people from all walks of life
- Hunger to learn more about diversity and inclusion
- Inclusive mindset and willingness to grow
- 2-3+ years of experience in a media role, paid search or paid social experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required – preferably, but not limited to, those within a quantitative discipline (e.g., Mathematics, Economics)
- Fluent in MS Excel and Powerpoint usage
- DCM expertise required