Platform Media Group Overview
The rise of technology platforms has given way to programmatic, data-driven media buying. Hill Holliday & Trilia Media has built out a team dedicated to this programmatic approach whose expertise spans search, social, display, mobile and video. The role of this team is to understand the landscape of technology platforms, how to use them, and then successfully apply them to the strategy and execution of client programs.
Trilia Media is seeking a Platform Media Strategist with exceptional analytical and data driven skills to become an expert in platform offerings and how to best utilize the technology to drive business results. The Strategist should also have foundational understanding of media landscape and background on deploying media strategies & tactics towards an overall campaign objective. The Strategist’s role will be critical throughout the campaign planning cycle, collaborating across internal teams to help develop channel roles, evaluate partners & new tech, provide strategic recommendations, steward media plans and curate meaningful insights based on campaign reporting in an overall effort to drive campaign success.
- Advanced understanding and operation of the various platform technologies utilized by Trilia Media across disciplines (search, social, and traditional programmatic technologies)
- Manage 1 Assistant, helping to ensure flawless execution and exceptional campaign performance
- Partner with internal teams early on to understand the client’s marketing goals and nuances
- Collaborate with Media Planning team to help identify channel approach and media KPIs based on client goals
- Explore and suggest new or innovative partners, technologies or tactics that can be leveraged to deliver or exceed campaign KPIs
- Strong understanding of strategies, tools, and data that can be leveraged to make campaigns more successful
- Assist with media plan development and recommendation, inclusive of media strategy, partner rationale and tactical details
- Oversee media plan execution, in partnership with internal teams, from plan approval to implementation to results analysis
- Analyze data on a daily basis to perform ongoing optimizations and identify any shifts in trends
- Leverage knowledge across platforms to apply learnings from one channel to a another
- Have deep understanding of third party ad-servers, rich media vendors, and other tracking technologies that can be incorporated into buys
- Collaborate with Analytics team to contribute to weekly, monthly, and annual client insights and strategy reports
- Master strategy and implementation of complex campaign set-ups across clients and programs
- Advanced understanding of the supply and data ecosystems and the appropriate application of each within campaigns
- Develop strong relationships with platform technology companies, seeking out new opportunities that could augment client initiatives
- Contribution to improvements in processes, both technical and business
- Maintains a current knowledge of growth and changes in the marketplace
- Maintain a clear communication channel with internal teams regarding expected deliverables
- Individual contributor with developed leadership skills.
- Able to comfortably shift work priorities when things change.
- Proactively seeks out answers and solutions.
- Articulate and thoughtful written and verbal communication.
- Experience collaborating positively and effectively with internal or external partners and clients.
- Enjoys working with different people who bring new ideas to the table.
- Accountability for Results
- Takes ownership of projects and deliverables.
- Strong contributor to on-time, on-budget quality execution.
- Proactively identifies and communicates opportunities to improve work and processes.
- 2-3+ years of experience in a media role
- Bachelor’s degree required – preferably, but not limited to, those within a quantitative discipline (e.g., Mathematics, Economics)
- Fluent in MS Excel and Powerpoint usage