About Hill Holliday Health: We’re 125 hungry, humble, healthcare-obsessed humans in both New York and Boston, focused on helping people fight their daily battle for better health. Whether it’s highly targeted digital work for rare diseases or big multi-channel DTC campaigns, no challenge is ever too big, or too small. Our clients include Novartis, Alcon, Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen division, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Bayer, ITCI and Regeneron. To learn about Hill Holliday Health, please visit https://www.hhcc.com/health.
The Medical Director is responsible for distilling scientific data and knowledge into actionable insights and recommendations for internal agency teammates. This person should have the ability to develop a deep understanding of the pharmaceutical landscape, including drugs, the conditions they treat, and the professional/prescriber process.
The position will interact internally with client service, strategic planning, and creative staff and must be comfortable, communicating regularly with clients, and helping advise the creative team on how to translate data into consumer claims.
- Develop and maintain an expert understanding of our clients’ and their competitors’ products, associated conditions/disease states and prescribing information.
- Identify trends, insights and strategic recommendations, and translate into educational and digestible information for agency account, strategy and creative teams, including briefing creative teams.
- Review materials and content developed for accuracy and identify any strategic gaps or opportunities.
- Monitor trends and market analysis, including label updates, for related products within client disease categories
- Conduct market research as needed and assist in other qualitative and quantitative data gathering needs.
- Act as liaison between client medical teams and agency, interfacing with clients on a regular basis
- Provide training and education to internal agency teams on an ongoing basis
- Create thought leadership pieces on behalf of the agency
- Consult on agency new business initiatives as needed
- May be asked to develop content as needed including scripts for MOA, MOD, and in-depth consumer educational materials
- Advanced degree required: PhD, PharmD or MD, with previous experience in a healthcare advertising or marketing agency
- Broad therapeutic category experience preferred
- Strong experience in developing and reviewing creative marketing content within an agency setting
- Experience translating complex scientific data into digestible presentation formats (experience with PPT or Keynote required)
- Experience interacting clients, researchers and other professionals in the pharmaceutical industry
- Highly strategic with excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation abilities
- Proven thought leader including published articles and/or conference presentations