Platform Media Group Overview:
The rise of technology platforms has given way to data-driven media buying. Hill Holliday & Trilia Media has built out a team dedicated to this approach whose expertise spans search, social, display, mobile and video. The role of this team is to understand the landscape of technology platforms, how to use them, and then successfully apply them to the strategy and execution of client programs.
Trilia is seeking a Platform Media Buyer – Programmatic with exceptional analytical and data driven skills to become an expert in platform offerings and how to best utilize the technology to drive business results. This role is critical to the success of campaigns and will work closely with the Media planning, Platform Strategy, Decision Science and Account teams to ensure results.
As a Platform Media Buyer – Programmatic you will be responsible for:
- Advanced understanding and operation of the programmatic display and video platform technologies utilized by Trilia
- Responsible for managing the execution of programmatic display and video campaigns, ensuring flawless execution and exceptional campaign performance
- Managing an assistant buyer who will support day to day deliverables
- Assisting in the on-boarding and training of new hires
- Partnering with internal teams to understand the client’s marketing goals and nuances and provide media plan feedback to ensure we are set up to achieve results
- Helping identify and suggest new platform technologies or tactics that will help deliver or exceed client goals
- Strong understanding of programmatic strategies, tools, and data that can be leveraged to make campaigns more successful
- Analyzing data on a daily basis to perform ongoing optimizations to achieve KPI goals
- Identify any shifts in platform and performance trends
- Leveraging knowledge across platforms in collaboration with other platform buyers to apply learnings across platforms
- Deep understanding of third-party ad-servers, rich media vendors, and other tracking technologies that can be incorporated into execution
- Contributing to weekly, monthly, and annual reporting needs and insights
- Contributing to client presentations and insights
- Trafficking and implementation of complex campaign set-ups across clients and programs
- Advanced understanding of programmatic digital ecosystems and the appropriate application of each platform within campaigns
- Developing strong relationships with digital platform technology companies and seeking out new opportunities that could augment client initiatives
- Helping to conduct audits of programmatic technology vendors to determine strategic vendors Trilia should partner with
- Leading trafficking in DCM and platforms with support from Assistant and 3rd party partner
- Contributing to improvements in processes, both technical and business
- Maintaining clear communication with internal teams
- Individual contributor with developed leadership skills.
- Able to comfortably shift work priorities when things change.
- Proactively seeks out answers and solutions.
- Articulate thoughtful written and verbal communication.
- Experience, collaborating positively and effectively with internal or external partners and clients.
- Enjoys working with different people who bring new ideas to the table.
Accountability for Results
- Takes ownership of projects and deliverables.
- Strong contributor to on-time, on-budget quality execution.
- Proactively identifies and communicates opportunities to improve work and processes.
- 2-3+ years of experience in a media role or paid social experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required – preferably, but not limited to, those within a quantitative discipline (e.g., Mathematics, Economics)
- Fluent in MS Excel and Powerpoint
- DCM expertise required
- Facebook/Google advertising experience required (strong expertise in one platform okay)