Platform Media Group Overview
The rise of technology platforms has given way to programmatic, data-driven media buying. Hill Holliday has built out a team dedicated to this programmatic approach whose expertise spans search, social, display, mobile and video. The role of this team is to understand the landscape of digital technology platforms, how to use them, and then successfully apply them to the strategy and execution of client programs.
Hill Holliday is seeking a Platform Media Strategist, who will have a direct hand in developing and recommending smart digital media strategies as part of holistic campaign planning on behalf of our clients. Candidates should have working knowledge and first hand experience with digital platform offerings and how to best leverage programmatic technology to drive business results. This role is critical to the success of campaigns and will work closely with the Platform Buying team, as well as the Media Planning and Account teams, to ensure results.
- Assist the team in developing the digital media strategy for largest media client at Hill Holliday
- Design and implement a best-in-class digital media program rooted in digital technologies
- Understanding of the various platform technologies utilized by Hill Holliday across disciplines (search, social, and traditional programmatic technologies) and strategies/tools/data that can be leveraged to make campaigns more successful
- Develop strong relationships with platform technology companies, seeking out new opportunities that could augment client initiatives
- Manage 1 Assistant, guiding their education and growth in digital media specialization
- Partner with internal teams to understand the client’s marketing goals and nuances ahead of campaign planning
- Analyze data on a regular basis, collaborating with internal buying team to identify any shifts in trends to recommend optimizations
- Leverage knowledge across platforms to apply learnings from one channel to a another
- Have deep understanding of third party ad-servers, rich media vendors, and other tracking technologies that can be incorporated into buys
- Contribute to weekly, monthly, and annual client insights and strategy reports
- Contribute to and present quarterly planning presentations
- Contribution to improvements in processes both internally among teams and with external vendors
- Maintains a current knowledge of growth and changes in the marketplace
- Maintain a clear communication channel with internal teams regarding expected deliverables
- 2+ years of professional experience; marketing or advertising experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem and experience recommending digital media strategies that can effectively accomplish media objectives that ladder back to business goals
- Understanding of digital platform technologies such as DSPs, Paid Social, Paid Search platforms
- Fluent in MS Excel usage
- Involvement and participation in agency-wide and team ED&I efforts, making contributions to develop an inclusive workplace
- Solid work ethic; proven ability to handle multiple deliverables with tight deadlines
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, while maintaining an eye to detail
- Ability to think creatively about challenges and problem-solve
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to distill ideas and analysis in collaboration with a team
- Demonstrable ability to take ownership and accountability, and act on client goals and objectives in an analytical fashion
- Strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills
- Flexible, team-oriented collaborator
- Individual contributor, motivated and self driven.
- Curious and open minded.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An actively positive and collaborative team player.
- Asks questions and seeks out people to learn from.
- Enjoys working with different people who bring new ideas to the table.
Accountability for Results
- Takes ownership of deliverables and understands the importance of meeting deadlines.
- Resourceful in figuring out how to get projects and tasks done.
- Customer service oriented.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Openness to people from all walks of life
- Hunger to learn more about diversity and inclusion
- Inclusive mindset and willingness to grow