Hill Holliday is seeking a post producer for their in-house post production department.
This role will be the main liaison between account, creative, production and post-production team members. Candidates should have a thorough knowledge of broadcast/video production requirements for editorial, motion graphics, animation, audio, and color/conform for broadcast and social/digital work. Full understanding of post production workflows is a must.
The Post Producer will lead the day-to-day activities of the post-production team, and will be responsible for managing scheduling, internal billing and invoicing, and overseeing multiple projects at once to guide teams through the process.
Candidates should have 4 – 5 years experience in post production or production, preferably in advertising. Must have strong organizational skills, solid creative sensibilities, an ability to multi-task and take on many projects at once, and be a hard working, self-motivated, quick learner with a positive attitude.
- Managing team calendars and department resources
- Overseeing post-production workflow for all projects flowing through the department
- Preparing estimates, identifying scopes, and tracking budgets throughout a project’s life cycle
- Working with agency producers to ensure a seamless handoff between production and post
- Finding and managing 3rd party vendors for VFX, cleanup/conform, and audio record/mix work as needed
- Seeking and building relationships with freelancers in order to keep additional resources available
- Tracking department hours, building invoices, and finalizing budgets with partnership from agency producers.
- Maintaining internal agency assets and gear storage
- Bidding and organizing internal productions
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to remain calm and positive in stressful situations
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills, as well as the ability to manage people and invest in their career growth and success
- Must have strong organizational skills and can adjust to constantly-changing priorities
- Excellent communication, working with people across multiple departments with different priorities
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends as needed
- On set experience (plus)
- Individual contributors with developed leadership skills.
- Able to comfortably shift work priorities when things change.
- Proactively seeks out answers and solutions.
- Articulate and thoughtful written and verbal communication.
- Experience collaborating positively and effectively with internal or external partners and clients.
- Enjoys working with different people who bring new ideas to the table.
Accountability for Results
- Takes ownership of projects and deliverables.
- Strong contributor to on-time, on-budget quality execution.
- Proactively identifies and communicates opportunities to improve work and processes.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Openness to people from all walks of life
- Hunger to learn more about diversity and inclusion
- Inclusive mindset and willingness to grow