At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
The Production Artist is involved in all phases of the production process as well as working with the creative team, producing error-free artwork and preparing and releasing accurate pre-press files, resulting in the timely, high-quality (design and pre-press) and cost effective output of print and web advertising deliverables.
- Work directly with the print production team to output proofs as well as collect and deliver final files.
- Partners with the creative team to edit ad layouts including manipulation of images as well as ensuring ads can print on all media
- Builds mechanical files to size for print ads, POP/POS and web banners
- Collaborates with creative team during concepting phase to understand the initial strategy and the creative concept
- Works on pieces for new business pitches and client presentations
- Mounts layouts on boards or create comps for client presentation as needed
- Working experience within a creative studio environment
- Expert in The Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Familiarity with all facets of pre-press digital file preparation including a solid understanding of layout, basic design and 4-color print and production processes
- Understands the requirements for building production-ready digital files (web and print)
- Ability to implement quick revisions to match a client’s or creative’s request
- Ability to interpret needs, objectives and direction from multiple sources
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment with hard deadlines and multiple tasks
- Team oriented with a collaborative approach to design and the studio environment
- Must be highly organized and detailed oriented