Researcher, Decision Science
We are looking for an energetic and progressive individual with an interest in and real passion for using data to derive unique insights and outcome-driven marketing strategies for our Fortune 100 & Fortune 500 clients.
Our Decision Science practice uses data and technology to create evidence-based insights that drive better business decisions for our clients. A cross-disciplinary function, our capabilities span custom research, end-to-end marketing analytics, business analysis, and data science, often using creativity to tackle some of today’s toughest marketing problems. We help our clients make the right decision the first time, driving growth even within the most congested categories.
As a Researcher in this role, you will support the Decision Science team in all phases of the market research process: identifying the business problem, designing the research approach, executing against the plan (e.g., questionnaire development, sample planning, data collection), and sharing your unique findings as well as agency capabilities with clients. You will also collaborate closely with the marketing analytics function to integrate research findings and campaign results for stronger, actionable insights and recommendations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to provide best-in-class research to answer questions that effectively address our clients’ objectives and help drive our clients’ businesses
- Assist in research design and questionnaire development
- Own coordination and communication with outside panel providers and survey programmers
- Independently run basic data analysis (e.g., recoding of variables, running of crosstabs) and support senior team members in running more advanced data analysis (e.g., conjoint analysis, regression analysis) across a variety of analysis tools
- Support the team in creating presentations by visualizing data and summarizing findings into clear, actionable recommendations
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Psychology, Sociology, Economics, Statistics, Market Research, or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Fast learner and open to learning new tools and skills
- Highly motivated, self-directed individual with excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and analytically, communicate (written and oral) persuasively, and work in cross-functional teams effectively
- 1 year of professional and/or internship experience in research, marketing/advertising, consulting, analytics, or business intelligence
- Experience with data mining and statistical analysis tools (e.g., SPSS, R, SQL, SAS) and cross tabulation software (e.g., Survey Reporter, WinCross, Q)
- Proficiency in basic univariate statistical concepts: descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, and simple linear regression, among others
- Experience with research design, survey writing, and survey programming tools (e.g., SurveyGizmo, Qualtrics. Survey Monkey, Sawtooth)