Origin is a consumer behavior, data science, and technology company. At Origin, we have a primary focus on consumer behaviors that matter to a business’s bottom line. With the help of our data scientists, Origin leverages machine learning and pattern recognition to study consumer behaviors in ways that provide deeper insights. Origin combines its psychological and data science specialties to develop cutting-edge tools that capture emerging consumer behaviors as they become relevant to your business.
Find our more at www.origincbi.com
About The Role:
As a Researcher you will:
- Work on a team of 3 or 4
- Work with 5 clients from different categories
- Create and manage custom research projects that solve clients business and marketing challenges
- Analyze data in creative and innovative ways
- Be able to take raw data and transform it into actionable insights that solve client problems
- Work on proprietary test development, measurement, and assessment.
Who we need
- B.A. or B.S. in psychology, economics, advertising/communication, marketing, statistics, or computer science.
- 2-3 years of industry experience in marketing, market research, advertising, or related field.
- Intermediate in research design (including survey research, experiments, focus groups, etc.)
- This role requires you to be involved in all aspects of research, including: research design, survey development, survey programming, data collections, data cleaning, data analysis, report presentation, and client presentation.
- Intermediate in data analysis
- Intermediate data analysis skills on one of the following platforms: SPSS, R, Python, STATA, Matlab, SAS. (R preferred)
- Intermediate in communications
- Good at explaining complex things in plain English; confident and clear public speaking.
- Proficient in test development and psychometrics
- Can use and understands Item Response Theory (IRT)
- Review and edit items
- Conducting item pool analysis
- Intermediate experience with machine learning, including clustering, classification, regression, and/or recommender systems.
- Familiarity with survey programs including: Surveymonkey, surveygizmo, Qualtrics, Questionpro, or others
- Experience with Big Data including the use of: Spark, Hadoop, or others.