The Senior Account Manager oversees all day-to-day agency efforts on behalf of the client. He/she collaborates with the senior account team to develop strategies and objectives for individual projects, coordinates the execution of all projects and is responsible for ensuring that agency output adheres to client objectives, meets client deadlines, and achieves agency quality standards. He/She also mentors and leads junior account staff.
Account Operations and Planning:
- Collaborates with the senior account team to develop and present strategies for individual projects.
- Encourages an integrated approach to all projects in order to leverage agency offerings.
- Encourages solutions that are mutually beneficial for the client and the agency.
- Writes and presents individual project creative briefs and/or points-of-view (POV’s).
- For individual projects, identifies, plans, and manages key deliverables, activities, budgets, and deadlines.
- Has a thorough understanding of the client/agency contract and retained scope of work, and plans projects accordingly.
- Collaborates with senior account team to develop, write, and present incremental project proposals, scopes of work, and staffing plans (for projects beyond the contracted retainer).
- Understands and participates in the brand planning process as it relates to overall account and project planning.
- Acts as a “project manager.” Is the key keeper of all project information and keeps others (internally and externally) appropriately informed at all times.
- Reviews, evaluates, and critiques creative ideas/output, to ensure that work meets brand and project strategies/objectives, client demands, and agency quality standards.
- Manages all projects/jobs to budget and schedule and reports progress to internal teams and client on an ongoing basis.
- Has a solid understanding of business category trends/developments, and uses this knowledge to add value to internal/external client work.
Leadership/Management (in addition to day-to-day oversight as outlined above):
- Works to provide assignments that challenge, motivate, and develop junior team members.
- Shares knowledge, understands the big picture, answers questions, and offers advice and guidance.
- Regularly provides “face-time,” training, and support to junior team members.
Experience we need:
- 4-6 years previous work experience in an agency, communications or marketing setting.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven ability to manage creative campaign executions
- Packaging experience is a plus
- Past experience building and managing successful relationships with clients