Creatives aren't just creative when it comes to advertising. They're habitually creative. They live and breathe it. They see things differently. They do things abnormally. They are wacky. They are simultaneously brilliant and idiotic. They "get it." They also can't stop writing sentences that begin with "they." Are you one of they?
At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
Hill Holliday is looking for a senior copywriter to join our creative department. This writer must have the ability to distill complexity into consumer friendly content in a variety of formats including long format, traditional media, digital and social media. Using proven talent, versatility, and consistent conceptual thinking, the Sr. CW will develop creative work that communicates the client’s or product's message in a uniquely fresh, memorable, and persuasive way.
- Collaborate to develop concepts that reflect the agreed upon strategy, are appropriate for the brand’s personality, and are extremely creative.
- Write in a variety of styles and maintain consistently high standards of work that will enhance the agency-client relationship.
- Consistently deliver big ideas, and produce high quality, award winning work.
- Write copy from concept through to completion based on input from client, agency team, and personal research.
- With approval from the Creative Director, monitor all materials through all stages of pre-production and production.
- Complete all assigned work on time and regularly report the status of projects to the Creative Director.
- Participate in and contribute to the new business activities of the agency, as assigned.
- Mentor and guide junior creatives.
- Intelligence, energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to build and maintain positive, productive working relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to define problems, collect relevant information, and draw insightful conclusions.
- Conceptual thinking and ability to deliver a point-of-view about the work.
- Ability to juggle a full plate of assignments across all channels (TV, print, direct, digital, etc.)
- Ability to effectively present work to Creative Director(s), members of the account team, and clients.
- Ability to take feedback from Creative Director(s), members of the account team, and clients.
- Consistent, proven writing talent (multiple well produced, big idea campaigns)
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in an agency environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience