At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
Creatives aren't just creative when it comes to advertising. They're habitually creative. They live and breathe it. They see things differently. They do things abnormally. They are wacky. They are simultaneously brilliant and idiotic. They "get it." They also can't stop writing sentences that begin with "they." Are you one of they?
Senior Copywriter Responsibilities:
- Conceive and execute ideas connected to culture that align with the strategy and brand.
- Work with art directors, account management, and others within the agency to determine client needs, selling concepts, and strategies.
- Write in a variety of styles and maintain consistently high standards of work that will enhance the agency-client relationship.
- Staying current with social media best practices and understanding trends in user behavior, with the ability to apply this knowledge to creating content for brands.
- Integrating a brand’s or campaign’s established guidelines into social content.
- Under the direction of the Creative Director, monitor all materials through all stages of pre-production and production.
- Complete all assigned work on time and regularly report the status of projects to the Creative Director.
- Participate in and contribute to the new business activities of the agency.
- Mentor and guide junior creatives.
Senior Copywriter Skills:
- Demonstrated conceptual ability to deliver ideas for integrated programs: broadcast/video; full range of digital channels, experiential/activations
- Strong understanding of social platforms and demonstrated ability to produce engaging content on a variety of mediums
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills, with the proven ability to tell a compelling story for a brand.
- Demonstrated competence across software tools, awareness of new technologies or partners that can amplify creative concepts.
- Can cover content productions independently and deliver fully executed work
- Ability to deliver both directed work and bring original ideas to the table; clearly articulate and sell through their ideas internally and with clients
- Management experience beyond one’s self. Understands the value of developing others and guiding junior team
- members by providing constructive feedback.
- Able to prioritize work, manage through change and help support junior team members through change.
- Plays a lead role in team and client meetings
- Diplomatically manages feedback from various team members and perspectives.
- Strong communication skills to ensure team has what is needed to be successful.
- Enjoys working with different people who bring new ideas to the table.
Accountability for Results
- Experience managing projects and deliverables with little oversight.
- Can maintain momentum on projects and deliverables when priorities change and circumstances get demanding.
- Ingenuity that provides new thinking and ideas for the team to deliver great work.
- Consistent, proven writing talent (multiple well produced, big idea campaigns)
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in an agency environment