Creatives aren't just creative when it comes to advertising. They're habitually creative. They live and breathe it. They see things differently. They do things abnormally. They are wacky. They are simultaneously brilliant and idiotic. They "get it." They also can't stop writing sentences that begin with "they." Are you one of they?
Hill Holliday Boston is looking for a Senior Designer/Art Director. Senior Designer/Art Directors are experienced creative professionals responsible for creating and directing various aspects of a client’s marketing materials. Using proven talent and consistent conceptual thinking, this Designer/Art Director must communicate the client’s or product's message in a uniquely fresh, memorable, and persuasive way.
- Concept and execute digital, print and broadcast materials consistent with the agreed-upon strategy.
- Keep abreast of current trends and understand how it relates to historical design and photography influences.
- Design in a variety of styles and maintain consistently high standards of work that will enhance the agency-client relationship.
- Develop and guide design ideas based on input from client, agency team, and personal research.
- Under the direction of the Creative Director, monitor all materials through all stages of pre-production and production.
- Complete all assigned work on time and regularly report the status of projects to the Creative Director.
- Design and execute innovative visual materials across video, emerging technologies, and traditional media outlets.
- Participate in and contribute to the new business activities of the agency, as assigned.
- Establish and maintain consistently high graphic standards and proactively learn new techniques and trends in graphic arts (and disseminate such information to others on the Design and Creative teams).
- Intelligent thinking, good organization, and accuracy.
- Conceptual thinking and ability to deliver a point-of-view about the work
- Ability to juggle a full plate of assignments across multiple channels
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Ability to build and maintain positive, productive working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to effectively present work to the executive and chief creative levels, members of the account team, and clients.
- Proven design talent and a strong design and photography portfolio
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in an agency environment
- Bachelor’s degree required.