Senior Experience Designer
Why join the Experience Design department at Hill Holliday?
This is a great place to work. But like Levar Burton always said, you don't have to take our word for it. We were the only ad agency named to the Glassdoor's 50 Best Places to Work (Small and Medium Companies) in 2015. We've been rated a Top Workplace in Boston by the Boston Globe five times in the last six years. Our healthcare/pharma practice in Boston and New York is consistently rated and rewarded by our clients as one of the best in the business. We're a family, and take care of our people. People tend to like it so much, they stick around – and thrive. Have you heard the story of how our CEO started as the receptionist?
We have a mantra in our group that summarizes our approach to everything that we make. We like to say that we don't just make things for brands; we make things for people from brands.
Do you want to join our team, or know someone who would? Read on, or share this with a friend.
Mission for this role:
Be an effective contributor to a cross-functional team to devise and deliver best in class digital experiences (websites, mobile apps) in the pharmaceutical category. Work effectively with account managers, strategists, and clients to understand client business objectives and end user needs and behaviors. Create thorough and effective documentation of digital experiences that are on-strategy and user-centric. Work with visual designers to see that those experiences are executed effectively. Advocate for and lead user research to test our concepts, recommendations and designs with real users. Represent the user's interests in all discussions and collaboration – including direct client interactions that may involve education, and advocacy, and selling recommendations.
Produce exceptional work that improves the user engagement and interactions with the final products
- Create detailed, annotated wireframes that adhere to compliance and regulatory standards
- Deliverables should be thorough, accurate, and clearly communicate relevant behavior, functionality, and specifications
- Develop functional specifications for offshore development teams
- Advocate for user research (methods and subjects may vary by project)
- Keep wireframes and site maps up to date throughout the life of a project, as requirements shift
Build trust and respect among collaborators in other disciplines and clients, without compromising the mission or UX principles.
- Partner closely with creative teams to ensure designs are aligned with intended behavior
- Support the account team for any necessary compliance reviews and create materials accordingly
- Provide internal and client side education of UX best practices for user-centric design
- Present work persuasively to various groups including internal teams, external development partners, and multiple client stakeholders
Continue to develop professional skills and key competencies, and share knowledge and perspective with the Experience Design department
- Contribute to the department's shared knowledge of best practices, insights, and the latest ideas/tools/work from the industry via regular departmental communication (team meetings/presentations, team chatrooms, etc)
- Previous experience within pharma or healthcare
- Experience partnering with offshore development teams
- User-centric strategy
- Analytical skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Hungry, Humble, Human (our company values!)
- Empathy (for peers, clients, users)
- Low ego
- User research
- Information architecture design
- Patient persona design
- Patient journey design
- Wireframing and prototyping (Required: Axure)
- Desired: Figma, Adobe XD