The rise of technology platforms has given way to programmatic, data-driven media buying. Hill Holliday & Trilia Media have built out a team dedicated to this programmatic approach whose expertise spans search, social, display, mobile and video. The role of this team is to understand the landscape of technology platforms, how to use them, and then successfully apply them to the strategy and execution of client programs.
Trilia Media is seeking a Senior Media Buyer to join the Platform team to oversee the strategy, self-service operations and yield optimization of client programs specifically for Paid Search. This critical role will manage a portfolio of campaigns across multiple accounts working directly with clients, internally with account, media, and creative teams, as well as with our platform technology partners.
Candidates should not only have extensive experience managing paid search with proven results but also strong leadership and analytical skills as they will be responsible for working with and overseeing a team of buyers. Candidates should also have strong problem-solving skills, passion for the search space and entrepreneurship – is a self-directed, self-starter, and an out-of-the-box thinker.
As a Senior Media Buyer - Platform: Search, you will be responsible for:
- Assist with leading Search strategy and execution for top clients
- Responsible for the success and executional excellence of our search programs across client businesses
- Implementing best-in-class search programs rooted in digital technologies and client category best practices
- Operation of digital media buying technologies as it relates to Paid Search platforms (Including but not limited to: AdWords, Bing, Bid Management Platforms, SEMrush, Search Engine Land, SA360, etc.)
- Developing strong relationships with Search platform technology companies, seeking out new opportunities that could augment client initiatives
- Partnering with the analytics team to create and optimize audience bidding strategies intent level and segmentation
- Being the trusted advisor to the Strategic Planning team relative to search
- Managing Platform Search Specialists & Assistants
- Partnering with cross functional teams to ensure adherence to best practices, timelines and business objectives for the client to drive a successful campaign in market
- Guiding advanced optimization strategy to push the boundaries for current campaigns in markets and align with the client’s business goals
- Maintaining a current knowledge of the evolution, growth and changes in the marketplace
- Assist with providing and sharing thoughtful POVs on Paid Search
- Individual contributor, motivated and self-driven.
- Curious and open minded.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An actively positive and collaborative team player.
- Asks questions and seeks out people to learn from.
- Enjoys working with different people who bring new ideas to the table.
Accountability for Results
- Takes ownership of deliverables and understands the importance of meeting deadlines.
- Resourceful in figuring out how to get projects and tasks done.
- Customer service oriented.
- 3 to 5 years of search practice and management experience; marketing or advertising experience desired
- Advanced understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem including programmatic channels
- Advanced understanding of the supply and data ecosystems and the appropriate application of each within campaigns
- Fluent in MS Excel and PowerPoint usage
- Fluent in Search buying platform technologies including Google and Microsoft
- Polished presence and presentations skills