The Senior Media Planner leads the development of strategic media plans based on a clear understanding of client objectives. He/she is the day-to-day liaison between Account Management and the media department. The Senior Media Planner will have heavy client exposure.
- Acts as the "Go To" person on assigned accounts and directs workflow to junior team members
- Writes in a logical flow and is able to present and defend recommendations
- Maintains familiarity with the client procedures as well as knowledge in the industry
- Has a strong command of industry research and agency resources
- Able to write and present media recommendations and media plans
- Assists in planning overall budgets and maintains budgets through planning cycle
- Acts as a checkpoint for all media documents and buys
- Is well organized, detail oriented and demands accuracy
- Prioritizes and manages flow of work to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Inspire creativity and pro-activity of media staff
- Foster strong internal / agency communications and relationships
- Establish and maintain client and vendor relationships
- 3-5 years as a Media Planner
- Proficiency in media-related and other basic software packages