The Senior Media Planner leads the development of strategic media plans based on a clear understanding of client objectives. They are the day-to-day liaison between Account Management and the media department. The Senior Media Planner will have heavy client exposure.
- Acts as the "Go To" person on assigned accounts and directs workflow to junior team members
- Writes in a logical flow and is able to present and defend recommendations
- Maintains familiarity with the client procedures as well as knowledge in the industry
- Has a strong command of industry research and agency resources
- Able to write and present media recommendations and media plans
- Assists in planning overall budgets and maintains budgets through planning cycle
- Acts as a checkpoint for all media documents and buys
- Is well organized, detail oriented and demands accuracy
- Prioritizes and manages flow of work to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Inspire creativity and pro-activity of media staff
- Foster strong internal / agency communications and relationships
- Establish and maintain client and vendor relationships
- Management experience beyond one’s self. Understands the value of developing others and guiding junior team members by providing constructive feedback.
- Able to prioritize work, manage through change and help support junior team members through change.
- Plays a lead role in team and client meetings.
- Diplomatically manages feedback from various team members and perspectives.
- Strong communication skills to ensure team has what is needed to be successful.
- Enjoys working with different people who bring new ideas to the table.
Accountability for Results
- Experience managing projects and deliverables with little oversight.
- Can maintain momentum on projects and deliverables when priorities change and circumstances get demanding.
- Ingenuity that provides new thinking and ideas for the team to deliver great work.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Openness to people from all walks of life
- Hunger to learn more about diversity and inclusion
- Foster and promote inclusivity with agency
- Inclusive mindset and willingness to grow
- 3-5 years as a Media Planner in media agencies
- Proficiency in media-related and other basic software packages