At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
The Senior New Business Designer position requires the use of technical, creative and design expertise for our Corporate New Business team. The New Business Designer assists with execution of New Business opportunities and client presentations. In this role, you will:
- Design, coordinate, and maintain all client-facing pitch and marketing collateral often with minimal supervision under very tight deadlines.
- Work with senior leadership across all departments to create visually appealing presentations with dynamic visuals and design elements.
- Adhere to strict deadlines, maintain sense of urgency, display impeccable attention to detail.
- Manage the pitch asset library. File decks and other assets to ensure assets are consistent and up-to-date.
- Update HHCC.com and build and manage microsites
- Design internal decks and client decks as needed
- 4 year degree ideal but not required — background in design preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant design work or internship experience.
- Must be proficient on Mac, Google, and Adobe platforms including Keynote, Google Doc, Slides, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Must have creative sensibility; able to create dynamic visuals and design elements, often on short notice and light brief.
- Ability to carry a project through to completion and work with minimal supervision under very tight deadlines is necessary.
- Must be flexible. Able to work weekends and evenings as needed. Travel occasionally.
- Management experience beyond one’s self. Understands the value of developing others and guiding junior team members by providing constructive feedback.
- Able to prioritize work, manage through change and help support junior team members through change.
- Plays a lead role in team and client meetings… have a confident voice at the table to inspire peers and clients to push boundaries.
- Diplomatically manages feedback from various team members and perspectives.
- Strong communication skills to ensure team has what is needed to be successful.
- Enjoys working with different people who bring new ideas to the table.
Accountability for Results
- Experience managing projects and deliverables with little oversight.
- Can maintain momentum on projects and deliverables when priorities change and circumstances get demanding.
- Ingenuity that provides new thinking and ideas for the team to deliver great work.