As a Social Manager at Hill Holliday, you’ll be an important part of advocating for internet culture across a number of different clients. You’ll work cross functionally within Hill Holliday and Trilia to assist in the development of integrated marketing programs with a lens geared towards social first. We’re obsessed with emerging social media platforms, mobile apps, and digital content trends that drive our clients’ business goals.
A day in your life would look like this (though maybe not all these things every day!):
- Act as a manager on certain accounts, working with account teams and creative to develop digital, social, and content strategies that include recommendations on targeting/segmentation, platforms, ad units, messaging, and frequency across channels
- Briefing in and collaborating with creative teams to solve client business problems in a digital and social first way
- Balance multiple streams of work including campaign planning, proactive thought leadership, and regular POVs with ad-hoc client requests
- Work with creative, account, and brand planning teams to develop impactful social content that drives engagement and business objectives
- Partner with social-specific clients, building a case for social-first content and making recommendations for strategic social initiatives.
- Collaborate with Trilia and media partners to establish communication goals and oversee the development of creative assets for media placement
- Collaborate with the analytics team to evaluate the effectiveness of social, content, and digital programs, and recommend optimizations
- Keep your finger on the pulse of competitive and marketplace activities to identify and communicate implications for client and crafting POVs and recommendations to energize our internal teams and clients on digital and social innovation
- Be a steward for all things internet culture. You’ll be expected to tap into native conversations happening online and synthesize them in a way brands and your agency colleagues across all agency disciplines (but in particular, strategy, creative and media) can understand how, and in the case of clients, why they should get involved.
To make this great, you’ll need the following skills and attributes:
- 3+ years’ experience working in digital and/or social media marketing
- Experience in retail or CPG ideal
- Experience planning integrated marketing campaigns
- Proven experience turning quantitative and qualitative research into insights and action
- Ability to read and interpret analytics reports to make strategic optimization recommendations and assess program success
- Knowledge of and excellence in social media platforms best practices
- Comfortable creating and delivering presentations to senior client teams
- Capable of building client trust and enhancing Agency/Client relationship
- A strong collaborator with excellent teamwork skills, able to work both independently and manage up, down and across
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is interested in developing new ways of working in the social and digital world.
- A cultural sponge who keeps up with the latest cultural and social trends and who is able to share these trends with the agency at large frequently.
This is the ideal role for someone who may be working in a social-first environment and who wants to remain a social specialist, but within the broader context of a large, full service creative advertising and media agency, with exciting clients across many different categories including beverages, food, financial services, healthcare, internet services, retail and others.